Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 74

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
05/17/14 05:58 PM (10 years ago)

PLUGIN UPDATE - Slot Machines Now Allows In App Purchases of Coins!

Version 2.0 - Massive Upgrade! We have added in app purchases, allowing your players to purchase coin packs when they run out of credits, providing you with consumable residual income from your app. We also added another symbol to the reel strip patterns, which “tightens” the machine a bit, since previous versions had players winning more than losing. We also enhanced the code which saves the users credits upon exit, and tweaked some of the graphics and xib layouts. This is the perfect way to create an entire slot machine game, with only one Buzztouch screen, to give away in the app store for free while capitalizing on the the in app purchases that your players make to buy additional coins. Default coin packs are basically setup for a penny per credit (i.e. $1 for 100 coins), but you can change them to whatever you like, add more, or whatever. No complicated libraries are needed, all files required are already included in your projects download. ------------------------------------------- LIVE DEMO (Note: Sound effects will not play on the live demo, and in app purchases will not complete, because it’s simulated. Everything else works as shown) ------------------------------------------- http://angryninjas.com/slot-machines-hd ------------------------------------------- PURCHASE SLOT MACHINES PLUGIN HERE: ------------------------------------------- https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=F3327C6471E9253CC0CEF85

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/17/14 07:05 PM (10 years ago)
Nice update. NICE update. Did I mention I thought that was a really nice update? Nice. Cheers! -- Smug

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
05/18/14 01:03 AM (10 years ago)
SWEET!!!

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
05/19/14 08:39 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks. It should be interesting to see what kind of sales are received from a free game with in-app purchases for continued playing. The starting 100 credits should last the player about half an hour, assuming they don't hit large amounts while playing those first 100 credits, which is very possible. The next thing I'm looking at is a possible redemption system, where you can offer prizes for points if you choose to do so, which will keep your players wanting to buy additional coin packs. This model is acceptable with Apple, as they have other apps that do this with vegas comp prize redemptions, but you could offer DVD's, itunes gift cards, etc I'm sure. Just make the required points enough to at least pay for the item that you'll be sending :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.