rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 12, 2014
Bilston - Engla...
05/13/14 03:36 PM (10 years ago)

Audio and picture files - location?

Hi forum, Once I import my project into Eclipse (having specified the use of audio files for various functions in my build here on BT) - do I simply just add the relevant audio files into "assets" and if so, I assume I just drag them into the BT_Audio folder? Same goes for pictures I want to include with the package as well - where do I drag those!! Help appreciated - noob question but hey :)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/13/14 04:12 PM (10 years ago)
No problems! First, check in the unzipped folder of your package… there 'should' be a document called 'instructions.pdf'… they outline the steps you need to perform after downloading, to make your app work correctly. You're correct that your images and other 'non-code' resources are not included with the package, you'll have to add those yourself. You'll want to add those into 'eclipse' while it is running; this will make the system 'aware' of the new resources you provide them. When you 'add' files to eclipse, you can put them almost wherever you want… but common sense dictates that you should put 'documents' into BT_Docs, and similar moves for other file types (Audio, Video). Images 'usually' belong in res/drawable, and depending on the resolution detail, some similar directories. Images referenced in local HTML documents should go in BT_Docs, because some HTML pages will reference the images without the 'knowledge' of android, and have to maintain a local reference point to locate them. Hope this helps, but don't be shy if something went unanswered. Let us know how it goes! Cheers! -- Smug

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Bilston - Engla...
05/14/14 06:31 AM (10 years ago)
Thank you kindly - will be giving that a go later on this evening :)

rburns50
buzztouch Evangelist
Bilston - Engla...
05/15/14 03:21 PM (10 years ago)
Seems Android hates audio files - lost hours trying to get a small sample playing without success. I believe the problem is androids refusal to play in the background! Everything checks out, app had no errors and compiled nice for side load testing on my tablet/phone - just no damn sound!! Anyone else managed on android?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.