Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 39

richardemery839
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 15, 2013
Bangkok
05/11/14 07:57 PM (10 years ago)

2 menu buttons in same app

I want to use a menu buttons as my home page and then link to another menu buttons - I have just tried this and the new (second one) has come to the surface. Is there some code I put into Xcode so it realizes which one should be the top menu?

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
05/11/14 08:05 PM (10 years ago)
You mean the main menu?If so in that case, just specify it in the layout screen of your app. Also in every navbar on every screen it will have the title of the screen name.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/11/14 09:35 PM (10 years ago)
Yep. Chris is on the money. If you look at your BT_config.txt (in readable format, via Jsonlint or other processor) the first 'screen' listed is your 'home' screen. If it's not the one you were expecting, You 'set' your home screen in the Layout section of your app control panel. Inside you'll have a choice between a 'single' home screen, or a tabbed view with 2 to 5 tabs (and screens) available. You can have a tabbed app, or a non tabbed app, but not both in the same app. Otherwise it 'should' be good. Let us know it goes… Cheers! -- Smug

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
05/12/14 09:02 AM (10 years ago)
Lets assume you call the first menu buttons 'home' and call the second menu buttons 'second'. Make one of your links on 'home' point to 'second'. Also, make 'home' the screen under Layout>Non-Tabbed Layout in your control panel. That way, when you are in 'second, the back button in the top left corner takes you to 'home'. If I understood the question, then I think that is the answer!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.