Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 99

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
05/12/14 04:58 PM (10 years ago)

PLUGIN UPDATE: Instant Database App

Fixed issue where the reviews and ratings would not automatically post to the database on some hosting companies. Changed the method on how this works, and added safeguards to prevent your database from being spammed or automatically posting inappropriate pictures without your knowledge. Ratings and Reviews will now work within the app with all hosts. The Instant Database App Plugin page can be found here: https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=96D61CB58A55CD94F4F20E2

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
05/12/14 07:02 PM (10 years ago)
On the ball, sweet. Plan on playing with this soon.

Tyroner
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 26, 2012
Johannesburg, S...
05/13/14 12:28 AM (10 years ago)
I bought this plugin because it really looks great and will be useful for my current app and those to follow. The problem is that I am not a coder. Do not know anything about hosting websites or servers. From what I gather I need a server or hosting. Can I use Wordpress or Dropbox? I use Buzztouch control panel for my Apps. Where do I start? And what is the process from there going forward?

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
05/13/14 12:35 AM (10 years ago)
Hey Tyroner, Yes, this plugin does require a web host. Basically any place that you can upload a web page. The host is the storage place of a website, so if you have a wordpress site, then yes, the place that hosts the wordpress site will work. Wordpress itself is a product that resides on the host. Dropbox is not, it's an online file service, which cannot run web scripts. The plugin will work on buzztouch hosted, but you'll still need to point the references in the xcode project to the location of the web host that you uploaded the scripts and database files to. If you have someone that manages your wordpress site for you, you can send them the instructions and script files that come with the plugin and it will be pretty easy for them to set it up on your host. It's just uploading 7 files, and setting the permissions to 755.

Tyroner
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 26, 2012
Johannesburg, S...
05/14/14 04:03 AM (10 years ago)
Can I use Amazon cloud hosting service?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.