War_Tiger
Lost but trying
Reg: May 11, 2014
Northbend
05/11/14 06:03 PM (10 years ago)

Error when building app in Xcode with haxe

I'm developing a small IOS app game on Stencyl 3.0, I'm in the final stages where I need to run the game through Xcode to include game center for achievements and leaderboards. Haxe produces 107 shell script errors whenever a game is being built in Xcode. http://imgur.com/mivY1JS http://imgur.com/5NGsDT7 The errors and number of errors are the same no matter what game is built, or on what IOS simulator, 7.1, 7.1, and 6.0. I tried with my app, a game downloaded straight from the stencyl website, and a clean game with nothing in it. They all produces 107 haxe issues. So I assume that there is either a problem with Xcode or Haxe, and not with the game itself. I'm quite new to OS X in general, including Xcode. So I'm really not sure if I'm missing some program that a mac typically needs in order to preform these kinds of operations. (Such as how Windows needs Microsoft Framework) I'm running OSX Mountain Lion 1.8.5 with Xcode 5.1, Haxelib 3.1.3, and the latest versions of lime, and openFL. http://imgur.com/PdIiX3u A screencap of all haxelib installed programs in the repository. I've looked all over google, but other than the programs I already have I haven't found anything else required to build the project. Am I missing something extremely obvious?

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
05/11/14 06:17 PM (10 years ago)
Its cool what your trying to do, but I am not sure how much people on this forum are going to be able to help. If only because they are not familiar with that particular programming 'stack'. I would start by checking to make sure all the required frameworks are installed in xcode.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/11/14 07:56 PM (10 years ago)
I kind of have to agree with Nad. Haxe is a whole different ballgame than Buzztouch. Not entirely sure what to say other than maybe search stack overflow or another related site. When working with a 'front end' that accomodates everything, you find limitations in both convenience, operation, and effciency. And errors would not be common. Buzztouch is a bit 'closer to the edge' with respect to code level approach. If you decide to delve into Objective C, Java, or both, stop by and let us know what you're working on, and what we can help you with… But Haxe and Stencyl aren't typically the things BuzzTouchers work with. However, I could be wrong. Cheers! -- Smug

War_Tiger
Lost but trying
Northbend
05/12/14 08:21 AM (10 years ago)
Your both right, worth a shot though. I'll update if I figure out what the problem is to help anyone else with the same problem. Since I'm sure it has something to do with Xcode. Thanks for the help.

War_Tiger
Lost but trying
Northbend
05/12/14 01:29 PM (10 years ago)
*Double post whoops*

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.