Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 58

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
05/12/14 09:08 AM (10 years ago)

Using Opencart in an App

Hi I was wondering if anyone has been able to integrate Opencart into their apps? It would be good to have an integrated shopping experience I can link up to a system. (I have full admin rights to the system is req'd.) Thanks Ed

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
05/12/14 09:21 AM (10 years ago)
Probably not, as Apple at least would require everything to go through their in app purchases (thus taking 30%), or opening in an external browser and not be allowed inside the app. For Android, I don't think there would be an issue.

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
05/12/14 09:34 AM (10 years ago)
@Angry Ninja, How do eBay do it then? Is there a way around it?

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
05/12/14 09:48 AM (10 years ago)
After looking into it more, physical items are not allowed via in-app purchase, so they may have changed their rules. It looks like if your item is digital, app related, a subscription, or a physical product that is delivered via digital methods (i.e. email delivered ebooks), then you have to use the in-app purchase. I can't find anything in apples documentation that says it's acceptable to list physical goods for sale, but nothing that says it isn't allowed either, so thats good news I think. But as far as opencart specifically, I've never played with it. ebay would have gotten around any of the previous rules because they are not the direct seller. The auctions the list are person-to-person, and ebay themselves is not selling the product... just like the black friday sales apps you see around christmas time... they only list the stores black friday deals, they are not selling the products directly. But still, looks like the rules have changed anyways :)

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
05/12/14 10:17 AM (10 years ago)
Looks like opencart would be fine with apple... read the discussion here: http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/business-legal-app-store/104727-selling-physical-goods-via-an-app.html

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
05/12/14 02:31 PM (10 years ago)
It would be better to just have opencart on a webpage, then have a button on your app,that leaves your app and opens safari to your webpage.Otherwise you'll only get 70 percent of your sales, and on top of that apple will take that 70 percent they gave you.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.