Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 2    Views: 74

Philmcdau
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 25, 2012
Perth, Western ...
05/10/14 04:07 AM (10 years ago)

There was a problem finding the /files/plugins directory

Hi all, just upgraded to self host version 3 and having trouble with plug ins. I have waded through a few hundred forum posts but can't find my issue. If I try and download from my buzztouch.com or install plug-ins as zips it will not let me. I have FTP the folders to the files/plugins folder and that is fine but when I try and refresh it gives me 'There was a problem finding the /files/plugins directory' also getting The application's data directory on the file system does not exist? This application does not have a data directory on the file system? on my application............ Any thoughts ??? Thanks

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
05/10/14 06:03 AM (10 years ago)
Ok. I've had this issue before a few times. You need to make sure that your /files directory on your server has Read + Write permissions. Make sure this recurs into all the sub directories as well.

Philmcdau
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 25, 2012
Perth, Western ...
05/12/14 07:03 PM (10 years ago)
Tried that. Changed file permissions to 755, 777 and still no joy. I am also having issues with the app physical path ..... if I put in what I think it should be "/home/username/public_html/BT-server' it comes back with a divide by zero error in line 43 of the config.php. This is really starting to drive me a little bit batty. All was fine on 2.9 but the change to 3 is doing my head in..... Might just resort to the buzztouch server and shy away from the self host. Thanks for your help

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.