Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 36

delite
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 19, 2013
ireland
05/10/14 12:29 PM (10 years ago)

How to launch an action screen directly from launching an app using HTML pro

Hey Everyone, this is my first post where I am not begging for help(at least from the first sentence,don't worry I will be asking for some if you read on!) I havn't seen this on the forum so for beginners like myself it could be useful, on Custom HTML input the following code(got this from the internet,I dont have a clue what it means!) <p> <meta charset="UTF-8" /> <meta content="0;url=input screen id here" http-equiv="refresh" /> <script type="text/javascript"> window.location.href = "input screen id here" </script><title>Page Redirection</title> <!-- input your own note here -->input text here <a href="input screen id here">link to example</a></p> this will launch HTML pro and redirect to the action screen immediately,like Send SMS I am using it for my job,and I want to call pages immediately say with voice commands,(I have the pages automatically update with details),the only way I can think of doing it,is having loads of mini apps,each one with a screen each is there a way of saving a HTML shortcut maybe to each of these HTML Pro pages instead of having to launch an app,or widgets to each HTML page, something to that effect? to save the wasted memory of hosting a load of apps? hope this helps someone,and thank you all for your help

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
05/10/14 01:06 PM (10 years ago)
Not entirely sure I understand, but from what I gather you are launching an app with two screens in it (HTML Pro and whatever it links to), and you are launching the app with a voice command? If so, there's not much else you can do I don't think. HTML Pro only works inside a Buzztouch app. At best you could put several screens inside the app and allow the user to choose one after launching the app.

delite
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 19, 2013
ireland
05/10/14 01:18 PM (10 years ago)
thanks,yeah the app is not for users it is my own app for use while working,I need action screens that open via voice commands,but having like 100 one page apps is just ineffienct,hoping someone might have a better way

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/11/14 02:18 PM (10 years ago)
Throw those hundred 1-page apps into folders. They will remain out of sight. But they will indeed take up disk space!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.