Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 128

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
05/11/14 10:40 AM (10 years ago)

Another App Created With Instant Database App Plugin (demo inside)

I know a lot of people have been asking for different examples of the apps created with the Instant Database App plugin. I originally created this plugin for personal use to recreate my regular xcode project apps in the Buzztouch platform. I just finished converting another one, using only this one plugin (yes, the buzztouch panel only has 1 screen total for the entire app). Don't assume I have bad taste on this one, lol. It was a client project from back in 2009/2010, and the client couldn't finish paying for it, so we worked out a deal with a partial refund and rights to the app. It actually sells really well though. Yep, you guessed right... it's a nudie bar locator, lol. This example shows you you can replace the default background image and the buttons to whatever graphics you want. Notice it looks entirely different from the included sample brick background and normal buttons. This was easily done by adding 1 background png to the project, and 3 button images... simple as that, but makes it look like an entirely different app. ------------------------------------- LIVE DEMO OF "STRIP CLUBS" ------------------------------------- http://angryninjas.com/strip-clubs

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
05/11/14 02:13 PM (10 years ago)
What is that "or something else"?

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
05/11/14 02:18 PM (10 years ago)
lol, it took me a minute to figure out what you were referring to (for others wondering, it's in the features tab... "Lets you know if each club is topless, full nude, or something else"). Some state laws on their "adult entertainment facilities" are not as simple as topless or nude. When putting together the database, we found some states have rules for "bikini attire" or "lingerie only". So yeah, the categories had to be created for those as well.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/11/14 04:04 PM (10 years ago)
Hmmm… I'd release that kind of app on Guam… But I don't think it would do all that well; I think we have about 10 clubs, and they're all within about a half a mile from each other, lol! Cheers! -- Smug

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
05/12/14 07:18 AM (10 years ago)
LOL. "Personal use". Awesome. All the good clubs here moved south of the city over the last decade so that they could serve liquor due to stupid city restrictions. They just overturned that this year. That's awesome but some of the clubs still here were actually BYOB which will end. I'll have to download this and put in some reviews. Knowing if they serve is also key. Reviews with the current date is critical!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.