Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 5    Views: 48

richardemery839
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 15, 2013
Bangkok
05/10/14 03:19 AM (10 years ago)

Transparency on Home Screen Menu

I have been going round in circles for a couple of hours on the home screen menu. The last time I made an app, a year ago, I thought I could make the menu rows transparent so that I could see the background image through each row. All I have is my list of ten links covering the image which does not look good. Am I doing something wrong or is this just how the Home Screen Menu plugin works? I have put "clear" in all the boxes to no avail. Regards Richard

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
05/10/14 07:22 AM (10 years ago)
Assuming that you're using the simple menu plugin, this works for me. i found this in the forums so I can't take credit for it. For clear menu rows Simple Menu IN XCODE On BT_screen_menuListSimple.m line 335 change to [cell setBackgroundView:[BT_viewUtilities getCellBackgroundForListRow:[self screenData] theIndexPath:indexPath numRows:[self.menuItems count]]]; if([[BT_strings getStyleValueForScreen:[self screenData] nameOfProperty:@"listRowBackgroundColor" defaultValue:@""] isEqualToString:(@"clear")] ){ [cell setBackgroundColor:[UIColor clearColor]]; } then be sure to change the list and row options in the appropriate menu screens Dave

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
05/10/14 07:30 AM (10 years ago)
Richard, This plugin should do everything you want and a ton more... https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=F018606BDA6027B90A3ED49

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
05/10/14 08:24 AM (10 years ago)
Just set your rows to "clear". Don't use the parentheses in the control panel. On the Menu with Image, I believe I set the default row background to white for Android instead of clear. I did this because of an annoying Samsung device problem--when you scroll, the list turns black. It solves the problem if you give the rows a color. If your list doesn't need to scroll, then you wouldn't need to worry about this problem.

kingelessar
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 10, 2014
UK
05/10/14 09:10 AM (10 years ago)
I have transparent buttons using menu with image. Works fine!

richardemery839
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 15, 2013
Bangkok
05/11/14 04:12 AM (10 years ago)
Wow. Thanks for all your quick responses but well done to the Calypso Kid (Dave) who gets a big thank you. That is the first time I have ever cut and paste code into Xcode that worked perfectly.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.