CampGirl
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 10, 2013
Here and Now
05/06/14 01:10 PM (10 years ago)

Audio and IAP problems

Hi all, I have two issues: 1. I have an audio file playing upon launch of the quiz plugin, which I can hear on simulator and my phone but I have to refresh to get it to start. The file is in my BT_Audio folder but I don't see it in the code. Where does it go? 2. In-app purchase is giving me (more) gray hair. I have an IAP screen for users to purchase a second quiz within the app, created the IAP stuff I needed to with Apple (including setting up a test account), put in my own background photo, used the stock "restore" button and thought there was a stock "buy" button. When I click on the menu row to buy the second quiz, I see the purchase screen faded out with nothing in the "buy" button, and the spinning wheel just keeps going... What am I missing to test the IAP?? Thanks in advance for any help! Sarah

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
05/07/14 09:30 AM (10 years ago)
What are you testing on for the iAps? The simulator plays up some times. Did you pull the full ID of the item to purchase in the control panel (com.campgirl.herapp.buysecondquiz) this is what you setup in the iTunes control panel

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Basingstoke
05/07/14 09:33 AM (10 years ago)
I created this once as it took me a while to get them working, BUT once I did you.'ll see how easy they are I'll help where I can http://www.randalldesigns.co.uk/EasyInAppPurchase.docx

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
05/07/14 10:19 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks so much, Bonzo- your doc is what I used to set everything up, it's great! I've tried to test the IAP on both the simulator and my phone. I did put the full ID in the control panel. The only thing I'm confused about is the product image- do I need to create one myself? I can see the background image I put in there on the purchase screen, and the restore button, and a blank button I think is for "buy." I thought there was a stock buy button unless I created something else. Or is there a whole screen I'm missing?

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
05/07/14 10:27 AM (10 years ago)
Wait, sorry, I see there is a product image AND a buy button image. Maybe this is my problem? Or could it be on my Apple account end (my fault I mean)?

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Basingstoke
05/07/14 10:34 AM (10 years ago)
If you have the spinner, then it's probably you....don't like to say it :) Did you go into the settings on your iDevice and sign out of AppStore first?

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
05/07/14 10:42 AM (10 years ago)
Haha, yeah, I figured! I did sign out of the AppStore, and I just checked ITC to make sure I had that stuff correct- had forgotten to check in the app details section that I have an IAP to include, although I don't know if that's just for when I submit it... I'll try cleaning and rebuilding, and checking my phone again to be sure I've signed out.

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
05/07/14 10:45 AM (10 years ago)
What about the buy button and the product image, do you know? Like why, behind the spinner, does the buy button show blank, when I put in 99 cents? So I'm assuming it goes like this: 1. User clicks on the "want to try another quiz?" menu row 2. Screen shows up that has my background image, the restore button, and the 99 cent button 3. User clicks on the 99 cent button and the pop-up shows asking for confirmation 4. User clicks on buy and is sent to the second quiz screen And I'd test all this with the test account, right?

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Basingstoke
05/07/14 10:58 AM (10 years ago)
The value can't appear if it can't connect with apple, hence why they are blank. The image should be their though if you pull a local image. I'd defo check connection on phone to internet, then the setup matches in control panel and ITC Send me print screens if you like to randalsp @ sky dot com and I'll put a second set of eyes on it (Saying all this, I have not tested yet with iOS7 and BT3.0 so it might be code) I'll try myself tonight also

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
05/07/14 11:00 AM (10 years ago)
Ok, thanks. I'll get back to you

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.