Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 2    Views: 83

WebNevees
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 28, 2012
KL
05/05/14 01:55 AM (10 years ago)

Buzztouch Selfhosted 2.0 and 3.0 side by side

Hi folks, Is there any way to install a BT v3.0 self-hosted side by side with a BT v2.0 on the same domain under one membership? Actually I have a few clients set up already on my BT v2.0, and have made lots of customization in the web app and everywhere else. Now I really don't feel like messing it up or putting too much time into upgrading. I do want to create my next apps through BT v3.0 though. Would I be able to have them on the same domain but in 2 different locations, and have both working? Thanks.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
05/05/14 06:30 AM (10 years ago)
Yep. Easy. First of all, just rename the directory, then when setting it up through the /install process, just change it from www.[domain].com/BT-server to www.[domain].com/[yourdirectory] It really isn't difficult. If you put in the same SQL and database info, all the apps and users will be copied over, but not deleted from your older panel. When setting up your new panel, copy over the /files directory so your theme and plugins will stay. Any modifications you may have made outside the /files directory (plugins, theme, app images), then you will lose them. What I do is have a log of changes, so if I make any complex changes, such as change PHP files, I know what I did.

WebNevees
Code is Art
Reg: Oct 28, 2012
KL
05/05/14 10:04 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks Thomas, What I understand is I can start working on BT 3.0 and change the details for the API key to new details for the BT v3.0 folder. But since I can't have the BT v2.0 folder there as well, I won't be able to create any apps from my older BT 2.0 panel. The panel though will stay functional as long as I don't make any API requests (?). What is characterized as an API request? I am guessing just new code generating activities for when we receive new iOS or Android source code, and not any normal changes to the config of the apps. So the 2.0 panel will still work just up to the point that I won't be able to create new apps with it. But previously made and sold apps can be accessed, screens can be changed, configuration can be played around with, ... No new apps or plugins though. Is all this correct?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.