Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 3    Views: 69

benedettoapp
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 22, 2013
Italy
05/03/14 08:45 AM (10 years ago)

Limit User to only Push Notifications, api key, customize and powered by

1. Is there a way to limit the user ( client ) to log in and only do push notifications? without the power to modify or see the app's settings. 2. Api key 100 per month??? i just installed the self hosted control panel on a test server to have a look at it, and not downloading any app's project files ( because I don't have any app's yet ) the count is already at 5 can some one elaborate? 3. I would like to customize the look of the control panel, and i found some explanations around, i didn't do it yet, but my question is if i customize to what i want, when updating will it change back to standard? 4. Can i remove powered by Buzztouch in the self hosting ??? is it allowed?

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
05/03/14 10:31 AM (10 years ago)
1. Yes, but not easily. You'll need to edit the PHP source files. Also keep in mind that any future updates to the self-hosted software will overwrite your changes so you'll have to redo it. 2. Don't worry too much about this. There's some issues in how it's calculating, but it's only there for our tracking and to signal whether someone is abusing the terms of agreement. There's not an automatic cut-off when you hit 100. Also, the API count on your buzztouch.com account page is a lifetime count, not a per-month count. If you're concerned that you will be going over 100 every month, send Stephen Mercurio an email. 3. The easiest way to do this is to edit the css file in the files/themes folder. Nothing in there will be overwritten in a future update. 4. Some people do this, some do not. Just don't try to use the software to create a competitor to Buzztouch, and don't use it as a way to let people circumvent the plugin market. (i.e., don't call yourself an "app builder"). The self-hosted software is intended to help you work with clients to create cool apps for them and to let them have some ownership over the content.

benedettoapp
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 22, 2013
Italy
05/05/14 01:22 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks 1. I will not be doing that, i don't know how. this might be a nice feature for you guys to offer in a future update. i wanted to do this so that my clients could send push messages only, without seeing all the settings of the app so that they don't create problems. 2. ok I will not worry. 3. ok got it. 4. Even if i wanted to i wouldn't be able to become a competitor, so no worries there. I found 2 ways to remove the powered by: 1, is to remove 53 times fnGetBottomNavBar (but this way doesn't seem practical) 2, is to change it in the class.page, which is easier but will the class.page be changed on every updates? I'm totally new to php, so if those 2 ways seem strange to you, you know why. and thanks for your answers.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
05/05/14 06:52 AM (10 years ago)
#2 is the easiest way to change the footer, but yes you'll need to do it again when an update comes.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.