awesome123
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 27, 2011
location unknow...
05/04/14 12:39 AM (10 years ago)

CustomURL bug? I'll pay to get it fixed

Hey guys, how are you doing? I am experiencing a couple of bugs with the CustomURL plugin 1. The spinning wheel never stops 2. The app crashes when it's in idle state I have searched for problem number 1 and the only solution I found is to remove the spinning wheel itself, which makes it harder for users to recognise that it is actually loading the URL. Is there another way to fix this without removing the spinning wheel? For the second problem, I am not 100% sure if it's from the CustomURL plugin but it crashes every time I leave the app and open it again after a few hours. Please help. I can pay someone who can fix the problem.

PaddyO
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Geelong
05/04/14 03:57 PM (10 years ago)
For problem #1, could it be that the URL you are trying to load is the cause of the issue? Or does it load up ok but the wheel keeps spinning anyway? Does that URL load up quickly in another browser? Sorry if this is an obvious possibility - you have probably checked it already but sometimes these simple things slip past me! Cheers Paddy

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
05/04/14 04:30 PM (10 years ago)
Is this problem showing itself on iOS, Android, or both? Are you using BT.com, or self-hosted? Mark

awesome123
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 27, 2011
location unknow...
05/04/14 07:38 PM (10 years ago)
@PaddyO Thanks for the response! The URL is working fine in a different browser and it does load in customURL (I even tested Google). The spinning wheel just doesn't stop even after the URL loaded. I've tested this in the emulator and a real device. @GoNorthWest I'm only doing android apps for now so I haven't tested it with iOS. I did however used this plugin in iOS last year with no problems. I'm using self hosted and have the latest update - Buzztouch 3.0.0 and CustomURL 1.7 Thanks!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.