Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 7    Views: 116

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
05/03/14 11:49 PM (10 years ago)

NEW PLUGIN - Chat

Just released a chat plugin that I've been trying to figure out for the last few weeks on the best way to implement it. I didn't want to include 3rd party SDK files that you'd have to import into your project (they even confuse me, lol), didn't want to have upload any files to your web server, and didn't want to have it run off of a MySQL database... I just wanted a simple chat plugin that I could pop in, set my settings in the BT control panel, and it would work... and thats what we ended up with :) And... I was able to show the Android people some love on this one as well. It works on all android and iOS devices, both phones and tablets. Here is the link: https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=EBF8949B7BE2E8BC0FA27AA You can have one chat room, or a lobby full of them, moderate users, register names, and more. You simply sign up once for a free account at the location given in the instructions, and paste the link that they give you into the screens control panel area. It costs nothing to signup, and it’s not an affiliate link. Once you get your link, you paste it into the screens control panel, and the plugin does the rest. You can set it up to go to a single room, or you can create an unlimited amount of rooms and have the screen display a lobby of your different chat rooms. You can also fully control your chat rooms, and moderate them fully. You can ban or gag chat users, have your users register their own permanent user names, private message other users, and more. There are no databases to install, no third party SDK’s or files to include in your project, and no files to upload to a web server. It’s as simple as pasting a URL into your CP, and you’ll be chatting in your app in less than 5 minutes. Full instructions are included in the control panel to guide you through the simple 1,2,3 process. This plugin works for both iOS and Android, including tablets. The included chat room source also gives you a web based version of your chat room, and even instructions and the code to embed it into your website if you like, so that your website chat and app chat will by live and synced.

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
05/04/14 01:51 AM (10 years ago)
Very nice !!! I would definitely use it without the banner, think $5 is worth it :)

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
05/04/14 06:27 AM (10 years ago)
Nice

KennedyE
Android Fan
Reg: Dec 07, 2013
PH, Nigeria
05/04/14 06:46 AM (10 years ago)
Sold! Wow!! Great!!! Now you are talking Angry Ninja... thanks for the Android version also, thumb up man!

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
05/04/14 10:59 AM (10 years ago)
No problem. This one didn't require xib files, so I was able to figure out the android aspect... But don't hold that as the expectation for future plugins, haha. I don't even own have an android device, except the little raspberry pi units that run my tv's.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Maine
05/04/14 12:06 PM (10 years ago)
On a side note, I just realized this is a milestone. My 10th plugin! Woo-Hoo! A long ways to go to catch up to MrDavid... that will probably never happen, lol. If anyone wants to see all of my plugins in one spot, they can be seen here: http://angryninjas.com/custom-buzztouch-plugins/

aquila198
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 22, 2011
location unknow...
05/04/14 05:05 PM (10 years ago)
way to go on plugin #10!! Just making BT that much more of an awesome platform! I can't wait to incorporate this into future apps!

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
05/05/14 04:05 AM (10 years ago)
Congrats Ninja! I will be buying this plugin! LA

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.