Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 3    Views: 95

jgomez
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 10, 2013
Florida
04/29/14 02:26 PM (10 years ago)

Additional info/tutorial on using external databases

I noticed there are a couple of plugins that connect to external data base (Instant Database App and Easy Form) However I haven't find any detailed tutorial on how to make the connection with these hosted databases. Is there a tutorial on how to do this? Chris1 and Angry Ninja, if you could please let me know if you have such tutorials. Also, could any of the developer PLEASE, PLEASE create a plugin that work with a local data base? I am sure it would be the highest selling plugin here, because there are so many things you can do with such a plugin. Thanks Jorge

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
04/29/14 02:48 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Jorge, Instant Database App includes full documentation that explains how to connect to the remote database. It' as simple as uploading your files, and editing 5 lines of code in the constants.h file included in the plugin. The plugin takes it from there and does everything else :)

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
04/29/14 06:03 PM (10 years ago)
"The plugin takes it from there ... " Gotta love it! :-)

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
04/29/14 06:10 PM (10 years ago)
woohoo!!! Super documentation with the Instant Database App plugin from Angry Ninja.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.