stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
04/28/14 08:19 PM (10 years ago)

Restating Last Problem

I have gone to an old app and get an error in the AndroidManiflest.xml file which wans't there before. I've even gone back into Time Machine and completely replaced the folder that Eclipse uses for the app to a point when it was working and I still get a red x. The x occurs in the following segment of the file and when I click on it it says: Element type "application" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>" However it seems to me that at the end of this segment of code, the </application> fulfills what this message is saying. Here goes the code: <!-- application --> <application android:name="skyeventfinder_appDelegate" android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/app_name" android:theme="@style/hostThemeWithTitle" android:hardwareAccelerated="false" android:debuggable="false"> <!-- (THIS IS WHERE THE X IS) Google Cloud Messaging Project Number Replace "YOUR_GOOGLE_GCM_PROJECT_NUMBER" with the Project Number provided by Google See http://developer.android.com/google/gcm/gs.html --> <meta-data android:name="googleCloudMessagingProjectNumber" android:value="YOUR_GOOGLE_GCM_PROJECT_NUMBER_GOES_HERE"/> <!-- Google Maps v2 API Key Replace "GOOGLE_MAPS_FOR_ANDROID_V2_API_KEY_GOES_HERE" on the next line with the Google Maps for Android API Key provided by Google See: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/android/start#installing_the_google_maps_android_v2_api --> <meta-data android:name="com.google.android.maps.v2.API_KEY" android:value="GOOGLE_MAPS_FOR_ANDROID_V2_API_KEY_GOES_HERE"/> <!-- Google Cloud Messaging --> <receiver android:name="com.skyeventfinder.BT_gcmReceiver" android:permission="com.google.android.c2dm.permission.SEND" > <intent-filter> <action android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.RECEIVE" /> <action android:name="com.google.android.c2dm.intent.REGISTRATION" /> <category android:name="com.skyeventfinder" /> </intent-filter> </receiver> <service android:name=".BT_gcmIntentService" /> <!-- BT_activity_start is the default, beginning activity, it may or may not load a splash screen fragment (plugin) --> <activity android:name=".BT_activity_start" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:theme="@style/startThemeNoTitle"> <intent-filter> <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" /> <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> </intent-filter> </activity> <!-- BT_activity_host runs after startup and after splash screen (splash screens are not required --> <activity android:name=".BT_activity_host" android:label="@string/app_name" android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize" android:theme="@style/hostThemeWithTitle" android:uiOptions="splitActionBarWhenNarrow"></activity> </application> </manifest>

stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
04/28/14 08:44 PM (10 years ago)
It seems to have gone away after getting another error about no longer hard coding the debuggable status. Once I deleted that entry, all errors are gone. Weird.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.