axeman19
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 19, 2014
Stone, Staffs. ...
04/29/14 03:17 AM (10 years ago)

Data directory issue

I'm not sure that I really understand the process here but... I have registered for a guest account and have installed on a self hosted server. I have launched a new application project but get the message: "The application's data directory on the file system does not exist? This application does not have a data directory on the file system?" I'm guessing that this situation is also the reason why I cannot download any plugins, and get the error message: "Error! buzztouch.com API return invalid JSON" Any ideas or have I completely lost the plot? Incidentally, I have no API url,key or secret parameters entered in the config file... should there be as a guest? Steve.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
04/29/14 03:27 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Steve, Only members can use self hosting. All of those things in the config file are required for it to work, which are only provided with membership. It's well worth it.

axeman19
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 19, 2014
Stone, Staffs. ...
04/29/14 03:51 AM (10 years ago)
Doh! Missed that documentation... (was there any?)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.