Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 117

Agu
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 06, 2014
GRANADA
04/26/14 10:48 AM (10 years ago)

menu buttons, problems with buttons images size and fonts size

Hi, thanks for your help. i´m very worry because i spend a lot of time with my app and when it its finish i found this problem. sorry, my english is not good. i´m working with android app, bt control panel, eclipse, not self hosted, bt 3.0. i create an app and testing it in my lg optimus g (resolution 768x1280). all was ok!! i create my first android app!! now i´m testing the app in sony xperia z (resolution 1080x1920), and all the button images of menu buttons plugin are smaller. what can i do? is there any way to get proportionality in the buttons images, no matter the resolutions of the device? one more thing. when i change the font size in bt control panel, nothing happens in the device, there is no change in font size. how can i change the font size on menu buttons plugin.? thanks again.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/26/14 11:35 AM (10 years ago)
Hi @Agu and welcome to buzztouch. The problem you face is that there are so many different sizes of Android screen. Coming up with something acceptable for every device is always going to be a design compromise. It is almost impossible to come up with something that looks identical on every screen size. This discussion on StackOverflow probably covers an area to delve into. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2533410/drawable-folders-in-res-folder

krompa
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 14, 2013
Bristol
04/26/14 12:23 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Agu. If you are comfortable altering code, then this discussion covers proportionality of menu buttons (not images though) - courtesy of Susan Metoxen. This may lead you in the right direction. https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=298A80CD59CEAD0CD5D3053&command=isSearching&currentPage=2&topicTitle=button&createdBy=&repliedBy=&minViews=-1&maxViews=-1&minReplies=5&maxReplies=-1&forumCategory=

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
04/27/14 10:36 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks, Krompa! I am getting closer on the plugin, with some help from Kittsy. I put a header image into it as well. My goal is to allow the user to specify the number of columns, and then have the plugins magically appear evenly spaced in the columns.

Agu
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 06, 2014
GRANADA
04/28/14 02:58 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks!!! I'll try and coment!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.