Epona
Lost but trying
Reg: Apr 14, 2014
Bristol, UK
04/25/14 02:58 AM (10 years ago)

A question about APIs

So I'm still struggling but I'm not done for just yet. I reckon I've inadvertently chosen versions of things which don't speak to each other. So I'm going to start all over again (again). I know things are constantly being updated and I'm too ignorant to know when to follow instructions and when to ignore them as out of date! So. In the BTU video I think it says all bt 2.0 projects are based on Google APIs level 8 / 2.2. So when I go to install the software, is this something I should still be following, or is it old advice? And that google apis are not the same as android apis - what implication does this have when I go to choose which software to download? Thank you for your pity, Epona

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/25/14 05:11 AM (10 years ago)
Hi @Epona, the way you set up Android BT2.0 API's is a little different to BT 3.0. The read-me files are different for each so if you follow that, you won't go wrong. For BT 3.0, Smug has a good read-me about google play services that will help https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/GPSRefBT.pdf Alan

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.