Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 8    Views: 123

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
04/24/14 01:09 PM (10 years ago)

iOS and android app plug-ins and udemy code course

It would be cool if buzztouch team made a code camp udemy course.it could be a great marketing scheme lol really though. What plugins do you want to see? The current code camp attendees could make some to challenge themselves on what they learned.What specifically would your ideal plugin do?

KennedyE
Android Fan
Reg: Dec 07, 2013
PH, Nigeria
04/24/14 02:03 PM (10 years ago)
I want to see Android Plugins to make book apps, children apps and dictionary apps, Android share button plugin, Android versions of the iOS plugins in BT market, and these guys (http://seattleclouds.com/applications.aspx) got lots of wonderful tools(plugins) that I think we need here at BuzzTouch. Cheers!

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
04/24/14 09:56 PM (10 years ago)
We are spending a lot of time learning Android. I think there will be more Android plugins coming out. But I agree with Chris1.... I think he said recently that it takes three times as long to make an Android plugin, because of Eclipse problems and the extra layout work. There is extra service work too. Even so, it is very important to make Android apps and serve Android users.

KennedyE
Android Fan
PH, Nigeria
04/25/14 01:28 AM (10 years ago)
"...I think there will be more Android plugins coming out... ...Even so, it is very important to make Android apps and serve Android users." Good News Susan! I have been waiting to introduce BuzzTouch to IT Schools and Departments in my country Nigeria but could not because of lack of Android Plugins... still waiting, hoping things will change some day.

krompa
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 14, 2013
Bristol
04/25/14 05:38 AM (10 years ago)
I agree with KennedyE that an Android 'share with' plug-in that opens a list of sharing apps (e.g. facebook, twitter, messages, email etc.) installed on the users phone would be great. I am aware we already have a free 'share by email' and 'share by SMS' which are great, but these functions could be combined and enhanced into a single plug-in. @Jake Chasan has produced this plug-in for ios. Good luck in Vegas - I wish I was there. Cold and wet here in the UK.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
04/25/14 06:43 AM (10 years ago)
That share feature can be added easily With not that much code.Kristy and other developers have android plugins being worked On. Home automation,augmented reality,Bluetooth,etc

KennedyE
Android Fan
PH, Nigeria
04/25/14 08:15 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks @krompa, you spoke my mind and explained my point more clearly with regard to the "Android share button plugin". @CMCOFFEE, if the "Android share button plugin" already exist somewhere, we want to see it in BT market, that plugin is a basic and must have plugin in every android app I tell you.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
04/25/14 01:02 PM (10 years ago)
I didn't.mean plugin. If that is possible it would be like smug,susan, Chris1,etc job.but then again it would be something you need to build into that specific plugin your using share on.depends on type of file or item you're sharing.I can give you code to paste in your project though

KennedyE
Android Fan
PH, Nigeria
04/25/14 02:15 PM (10 years ago)
Oh I see, however, if you can give the android share button code with a simple step to integrate into an Android project, that will be fine as a temporary solution, but a developer here still need to put into a plugin for every BT members.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.