Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 84

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
04/25/14 02:04 AM (10 years ago)

Usage Map in Control Panel - Is There a Fix?

Using self hosted control panel and the map does not show when clicking "Usage Map" on any of my apps. Well, it actually flashes for a split second, with no data, then goes to a blank screen. Clicking "Reload Map" only says "loading map data" for a second then goes back to the blank screen, like it supposedly worked... but nothing displays. Is there a fix for this? I'd love to see where my users are loading my app from, especially my travel destination specific app for Universal Studios. I'm curious if they are using it at the park or before/after they leave for their trip. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
04/25/14 06:50 AM (10 years ago)
MrDavid found the fix for this a while back. https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=233C141C466110A4FBF9D2D&currentPage=1 That may be old BT Server version in that post but it still applies to 3.0. Make sure you have enabled the "Google Maps JavaScript API v3" in your Google Developers Console (if you use the "new" console the enabled API's will be listed at the top) and make sure that API key is the same in your BT Server config.php file and it should work. Mine does on SH 3.0. Love this feature. Surprised BT doesn't promote or exploit this more.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
04/25/14 07:00 AM (10 years ago)
Awesome, wow that was easy. Map loads now, but no data on it. I'm guessing locations will only be added from the time I added my google API key, and my app didn't get any data before that? I already enabled "Start Tracking Location" in my apps core CP settings, so that should be ok. Thanks ATrain!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.