Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 7    Views: 101

trouty
I hate code!
Reg: Mar 26, 2013
London Outskirt...
04/22/14 09:30 AM (10 years ago)

General bugginess SHCPv3 / Xcode5.x

Its been a year since i did any BT apps (give or take a few months) so i decided to renew my BT membersip, update my SHCP to v3, and my xcode updated also to the latest ver (5.1?). Last time i did an app, everything seemed to go pretty well. A few minor gremlins to iron out from modifications and so on, but it pretty much work by downloading the project, running it in xcode, copying the folders across, compile and run. So this time, imagine my surprise when all i see is a white screen. So i re-download, and i'm getting all sorts of xcode errors occurring (without any modifications being made). Nice, simple app, containing the following plugins: Splash screen, Carousel (for main menu), Menu with Images YouTube playlist iTunes playlist RD SimpleRSS MacImage Gallery Email Image SCR chat rooms Havent had a huge amount of time to play around, i was keeping it simple so i didnt run in to too many problems :o/ (actually, i might replicate it on BT hosting instead of Self Host, and see if that makes any difference)

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
04/22/14 10:48 AM (10 years ago)
Long shot, but could it be you didn't move the plugins into your xcode project?

trouty
I hate code!
London Outskirt...
04/22/14 10:54 AM (10 years ago)
Wish it was something as simple as that, but no, I did indeed drag the plugins folder across I'll try and sit down and play about more tonight

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
04/22/14 11:20 AM (10 years ago)
What errors are you getting specifially? You just drag in plugins and images folder now, dont know how long ago last year you made an app, but it changed on bt v3. Did you add the photos for the carousel menu? Also did you choose the carousel menu in "layout" on your control panel?Have you added the scringo folder to your project? Have you added the facebook framework to your project. Scringo also has new documentation, specifically for buzztouch on their docs page.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
04/22/14 12:50 PM (10 years ago)
I noticed with the same set up that if you build for ios 6 or newer, you get a bunch of deprecation warnings. I just built for iOS 5 and all of the warnings went away. I do however get warning on the search plugin. The search feature still works though. I'm not by my computer so I can't say specifically what the search plugin warning is Oh, make sure that you have the latest download of SHBT3.0 installed. There have been a bunch of changes since the November release Dave

trouty
I hate code!
London Outskirt...
04/22/14 01:10 PM (10 years ago)
Interesting about the deployment target... i wouldn't think theres many devices out there that are on 6, let alone 5. I'm making SOME progress... i took out the Carousel and i'm no longer getting errors. Shame, as that was going to be a nice menu. Also removed MacImage gallery, Scringo SCR and splash screen. I changed my first page in tabbed layout one at a time to check the remaining plugins are working to some degree. SHBT3 was downloaded and installed on thursday

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
04/22/14 01:19 PM (10 years ago)
Oh ok just warnings.No big problem.deprecated code is just old code.not the newest standard you know.all of the developers are going to be beasts after code camp !

trouty
I hate code!
London Outskirt...
04/22/14 02:05 PM (10 years ago)
no, i had red errors. I'm definitely making progress now. I deleted Buzz Carousel, then re-updated it on the SH. then d/loaded a random app and pulled that plugin across and that is now working :o) likewise with MacImage Gallery So definitely getting there and much further along than i was a few hours ago Thanks all

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.