Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 197

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
04/18/14 07:34 PM (10 years ago)

NEW PLUGIN: Altimeter

Simple, yet useful. Let your users find their current elevation. Great for hiking or travel apps. https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=EBBF212CB67BDF92F9A9951 A simple yet elegant altimeter to show the current elevation in real time. Altitude changes every second, and is displayed in a beautiful mountain view. Altitude can be displayed in feet or meters. The plugin comes setup for elevation measured in feet by default, but can be switched to meters with a simple code edit on one of the files. Simply delete this in the AN_Altimeter.m file: * 3.2808399 After that, the plugin will use Meters for all measurements instead of feet (a meter is 3.2808399 feet in case you were wondering how it works) As always, this plugin is laid out on an easy to edit XIB file. Don’t like the background? We’re not offended… simply change it out with any PNG file on the XIB for a whole new look! All objects can be rearranged, text font can be increased or decreased, colors can be swapped… Have it YOUR way!

ATRAIN53
Code is Art
Reg: Nov 17, 2011
Chicago
04/19/14 08:08 AM (10 years ago)
Nice, one of the old Apps a Muck tutorials. I looked at a bunch of these a while back. I still use some of their animation code in projects. I worked thru one of those tutorials at the bar with David the first time he was in town in what seems like ages ago. That was such a great site. I don't quite understand why they went from their free tutorial site to a kickstarted campaign? The original site with the code and sample uses was great. I feel like they had a github with all their code at one time but looks like that have cleared it. I only see some Pocket Weather code up there now. I know I forked a bunch of them. Most of those were barely iOS 5 compatible at one time, so maybe they are updating the codes for ARC and etc.... Great Stuff!

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
04/19/14 12:45 PM (10 years ago)
Yep, good stuff. I seen the list of 31 projects, but nothing really popped out as being too useful with a buzztouch created app, except this one. Yeah, I'm not sure why they went from free to kickstarter donators only... it should be the other way around, going from paid to free... but I guess the greed factor was too tempting. It says they reached their goal, but it doesn't say how much. I find it funny that the kickstarter project was to fund the creation of 31 apps... even though they already had them created before putting the project up on kickstarter. Not a dime of that went towards funding the project... it was simply to cash in. Yeah, the Altimeter needed some tweaking to work with current iOS versions, as the code was really old. But it's all set now, and works great with BT.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.