Kozbot
Lost but trying
Reg: Apr 17, 2014
Sydney
04/18/14 07:17 PM (10 years ago)

Errors Compiling

The How To's don't seem to answer anything, unless I go through the forums and search something, which will then link to something else which is apparently on the how to's page, but when I look for it, it's not there. I dunno... Anywho, I have a few issues: 1) When I try to import a project, I need to tick "copy projects into workspace" is that correct? Otherwise, it gives me an error of "Invalid Project Description" and closes the box, and I can't do anything. 2) I have gotten to the point that there are no errors for my project, so I go to run as android project, but I get an error message saying "Can't find apk!". I'm trying to test on an emulator, so of course there'd be no apk yet. 3) Fine, if it wants an apk, I'll export it and try it on my phone, but no, it says that there's no project named "Carols" so I click "browse" and there's no where to go from there, everything is grayed out. I could really use some guidance with this, I'm getting more and more confused. Thanks :)

Kozbot
Lost but trying
Sydney
04/18/14 07:38 PM (10 years ago)
OK, so I moved the location of the unzipped file to somewhere else, and it has imported the project without having to copy projects into workspace - 1 is complete. Now to work on 2 and 3...

Kozbot
Lost but trying
Sydney
04/19/14 12:34 AM (10 years ago)
OK, so then I unticked the "is library" thing under the properties for my project, and now I can try to debug without error messages... I'm still in the process of trying to debug my project to see if it works, I've waited a while so far, but I've read that it's to be expected... Hopefully, update to come!

Kozbot
Lost but trying
Sydney
04/20/14 06:55 AM (10 years ago)
GAH!!! After trying and trying and uninstalling all my programs and reinstalling everything, and then deleting all the AVD's and trying again, I finally figured out it was an error with the configuration data, put it through the JSON validator, and fixed it up... I changed it in my file and I'VE BUILT MY APP!!! GAHHHHHH!!! I am SOOOO happy!!! THANK YOU BUZZ TOUCH!!!

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
04/21/14 10:54 PM (10 years ago)
Awesome! :-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.