CampGirl
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 10, 2013
Here and Now
04/15/14 01:52 PM (10 years ago)

new fatal error

2 steps forward, 2 steps back... I'm creating a simple movie quiz app with the interactive quiz plugin, I'm not self-hosted, I'm using latest version of Xcode. Was so excited that I got it running even tested it on my phone, and set up in-app purchases. Right before I was going to test the IAP, I added a splash screen but then decided to delete it without even trying it. Tried to run on the simulator again (without testing the IAP of course) and got the "missing plugin/view controller" error. I recompiled and tried again, now am getting this: fatal error: file '/Users/sarahglashagel/Downloads/iquizmovies1_iOS/BT_Layout/BT_viewUtilities.h' has been modified since the precompiled header '/Users/sarahglashagel/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/IQuizmovies1-cwhbtbfflroiydcisnunexkauulh/Build/Intermediates/PrecompiledHeaders/BT_includeHeaders-gikhpdwodkriwqghwnzjnmlezewe/BT_includeHeaders.pch.pch' was built note: after modifying system headers, please delete the module cache at '/Users/sarahglashagel/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ModuleCache/1C2P91FE7Q7L' I have no clue what this even is, much less how to fix it! Any ideas? As a newbie, and an impatient person I guess, this all gets so frustrating. I started with BT a year and a half ago and keep stopping when I get really stuck, then try to learn it all over again. Make some progress, even further than before, then get stuck again... Arrrgh! Sorry for the rant. Thanks for all the help so many of you have given me!! Sarah

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
04/15/14 02:12 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Sarah, Sometimes it's helpful to clean your build. You can do that by going to Product > Clean, and letting that run. That breaks any old links to stuff that was built in the past. Hopefully it helps here. Hang in there! It can get frustrating for sure, but eventually you'll be an expert at it! Mark

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
04/15/14 02:26 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks, Mark- cleaned it a couple of times and now I don't get those errors any more, just the "Missing Plugin- view controller for this plugin was not compiled in the Xcode project" error. I didn't get that one before I added/deleted the splash screen- could it be a residual problem from that? Can't imagine the Menu Simple plugin gets that error... I don't see that plugin anywhere in the project, though.

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
04/15/14 02:28 PM (10 years ago)
Also, what's up with the "deprecation" warnings? I get a ton of them saying such and such "was first deprecated in iOS 6.0" or 7.0, etc. 26 warnings on this app.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
04/15/14 02:31 PM (10 years ago)
You can safely ignore the deprecation warnings. Those are basically statements saying there's a "better" way of doing things, and you might want to upgrade your code sometime in the future. But it won't prevent the app from being compiled, nor impair the functionality. Trying syncing up BT_Config.txt file in Xcode with what's in the control panel. Just copy/paste it from the control panel to your Xcode copy. There may be a reference in there still to the splash screen. Mark

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
04/15/14 03:51 PM (10 years ago)
Ok, thanks for the info about deprecations- I never knew what those were! =) As for the config file, I looked at both and I still see (in both) this: "splashScreenItemId":"49F9DBFCE641930D1109C16", Is that the problem? Can I just delete that from both the BT control panel and Xcode?

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
04/15/14 03:52 PM (10 years ago)
Oh wait, it's in the Themes, so I need to change the default theme from splash screen to home screen/menu simple, right?

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
04/15/14 03:56 PM (10 years ago)
If I'm right about the theme, I don't see where to do that... It still reads "default theme" and no others are listed.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
04/15/14 07:44 PM (10 years ago)
Go to Themes section. click on Default theme. Make sure Splash Screen setting is blank. Now open Advanced JSON section. Notice the Splash Screen setting is still in that JSON box. Manually remove it and Save it. -- Niraj

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
04/15/14 09:57 PM (10 years ago)
The splash screen can be a huge pain in the butt for sure! For iOS, I use the launch images as my splash screen...those are all those default.png files that come with the project. I just change them to suit my needs. You can't do any transitions on them, but they function as a great splash screen. Mark

CampGirl
Lost but trying
Here and Now
04/16/14 01:00 PM (10 years ago)
Niraj, that worked, thanks! And Mark, I will definitely try the launch image as "splash screen" thing!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.