profwoland43
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 17, 2012
Joliet, IL
04/10/14 05:39 PM (10 years ago)

Error - Location Type The method setPluginsEnabled(boolean) is undefined for the type WebSettings

Hello everyone, this is the first app I have ever created and really the first time I have ever worked with coding of any type. When I first tried to set up my app in Eclipse I was getting multiple errors. Now I am only getting two, but they are the same thing and I have no clue as to how to fix them. My apologies if you have answered this question before. How do I fix The method setPluginsEnabled(boolean) is undefined for the type WebSettings ProfWoland

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
04/10/14 11:33 PM (10 years ago)
Hi @ProfWoland, Welcome to Buzztouch! This is the first time I've ever seen this issue reported, so I'm thinking it's a configuration problem. The first thing I would do is to check and make sure that the plugin that's reporting the error is supported on Android. If it is, then check out this video to make sure you are loading your project correctly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgurXKgP2AE Let us know if this helps! Mark

Jaundice101
I hate code!
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Davis, CA
04/14/14 07:47 PM (10 years ago)
ProfWoland, I had the same problem a short while ago which, at least in my case, was resolved by selecting Android Platform 4.0 (API 14) under Properties as opposed to to Android Platform 4.3 (API 18) which Eclipse defaulted to when I first began. It appears that with version 4.3 a portion of the code in 4.0 was deprecated leading to the app crashing on newer versions of Android. If that is in fact your problem as well, it's unfortunately not a true and true fix, as some of the Android stores (such as Amazon) will insist on your app being functional on the latest Android Platforms. I also unfortunately have not figured out how to get the error to go away on version 4.3. Good luck, Scott

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.