GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 15, 2012
Montreal
04/08/14 10:54 PM (10 years ago)

iPhone to iPad XIB

Hey everyone! I recently purchased some superb plugins on the Buzztouch Market and there are a few that have limited iPad functionality. I'm trying to get my mind around "converting" an existing XIB into an iPad-compatible XIB in Xcode. How would I go about doing this? I've read up a few threads online and I have managed to get the XIB to support iPad Full Screen, but all the objects, labels, and text remain the same as in the original iPhone XIB. How do I go about making these elements proportional in size? Thanks, everyone! Nicholas

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
04/08/14 11:19 PM (10 years ago)
Perhaps you know all of this already ... The name.xib would be name~iPad.xib Then re-arrange location and size of the elements on the XIB. Be sure to account for horizontal and vertical orientations. -- Niraj

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/09/14 01:39 AM (10 years ago)
I'm not sure when I did this. All I can say is it must have been before I got a copy of Clarify. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/EZXibConnect.pdf A couple of particulars for your situation: 1) Save your xib filename like Niraj suggests. 2) For the class in Step 4, go find the same value as used in the phone xib, and use that too. 3) In Step 5, you'll link the view. But there will be more steps, because you need to link all of the objects that are declared in your header (*.h) file. Look for 'IBObject' and that 'object' will need to be linked to the relevant item in the xib file. Look for 'IBAction' and that 'method' will need to be linked to a button item in the xib file. Usually you'll want to choose 'touch up inside' as an action trigger. with respect to size and all that, you can either click on an element and 'drag' it to size, or if you want precision, you can directly edit many properties as shown in these images: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/xibproperties1.png https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/xibproperties2.png Good Luck, and be sure to ask Mr David a lot of Questions! ;) Cheers! -- Smug

GraciousWolf_PE
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 15, 2012
Montreal
04/09/14 05:10 PM (10 years ago)
Hey Smug! Thanks for the help. I've managed to change the object sizes in the new iPad XIB (finally!). However, when I run it using the iPad simulator, I see the full screen, but the objects are still iPhone size. I imagine this has to do the additional steps to take in Step 5. Any chance of getting a step-by-step to this sub-step?! lol! Thanks again for getting me that much further, Smug! Nicholas

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.