RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2013
Park City
04/03/14 10:41 AM (10 years ago)

Xcode Update Question

I recently updated my iPhone test device to the latest IOS 7.1 which has created a mismatch with Xcode. When I plug the test device in, Xcode wants me to download the latest version of Xcode so that my device can sync up. Has anyone done this yet? I'm reluctant to update Xcode, since the last time I updated Xcode, it really jacked up my app builds until the BT_core 3.0 update. Any advice here?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
04/03/14 10:56 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Glenn, I've updated Xcode to the latest level and haven't found any issues. In fact, the last two apps I submitted were built using the newest Xcode. Mark

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
04/03/14 10:59 AM (10 years ago)
Thank you, Mark!

Dahlien
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Princeton
04/05/14 03:46 AM (10 years ago)
Hello, I have a frustrating issue with Xcode. I have apps that compile and work perfectly on Eclipse Android. With the same apps Xcode gives this error. ________________________________________ Missing Plugin: The View Controller for this project was not compiled in the Xcode project. ________________________________________ I am using Xcode 5.1 on Mac OS X 10.8 & tried all the available simulators. I have looked for the pdf mentioned in the README.txt file. It does not exist. How do I get around this? Thanks, Lawrence

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
04/05/14 09:52 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Dahlien, In the BT_control panel, did you select the plug in you're speaking of before you launched the project into Xcode? Sometimes, when you compile for Android and you know you selected all the BT_plug-ins and then you go back to the control panel and compile the same project but for IOS, some plug ins are not selected. So, it's a good idea to always review your plug in selections and remove incompatible ones and include the ones you need in your project for your particular platform build. You can delete your project, recompile it and launch it again, with all the appropriate plug ins needed. Hope this helps.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.