Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 75

Kingston
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 01, 2013
New York
04/02/14 11:30 AM (10 years ago)

How to use of Login Screen Plugin

Hi, How to make use of login screen plugin. I have added the login screen plugin and also i have added the List of Users in Buzztouch control panel. If the credentials are valid it must display a new screen. I have added the custom settings as http://bit.buzztouch.me/B5LPVr

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/02/14 04:15 PM (10 years ago)
You know, I've never really played with the login screen, so I could be wrong… but looking at the options on other plugins, the way I *think* it is supposed to work is this: 1) When using authentication, you have basically 2 modes: Authenticated, and Not Authenticated. 2) In your plugin (the one you want to 'hide') you set the 'requires login' to True, Yes, or whatever… 3) You've setup the login screen 'back end' to authenticate with control panel user accounts. 4) The user (while the user is 'Not Authenticated') cannot access the 'hidden' screen due to authentication issues. 5) The user can authenticate using the login plugin. Once authenticated, the users mode is 'Authenticated'. 6) The user 'should' have access to the previously 'hidden' screen. Does it not follow this example? Cheers! -- Smug

Patrickmotox
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 10, 2013
Cameron Park, C...
04/25/14 03:45 PM (10 years ago)
Yes it does. And it works. The problem I have found is that not all plugins are working, and yet they have the field to turn access on and off. Location Map, email, phone, device info, all work. Others do not. Notes, htmlDoc, sendImage, all these contain the field on the control panel and create the correct JSON, but are not locking out the screen. I noticed your SmugLocation plugin didn't have it, and that is fine. At least I know that it is not capable of setting itself to be locked out, and not spending time trying to figure out why. hee hee. Edit. They all work, with the caveat that they will not lock out if used in menus of core. You can lock them out if accessed through the simple, circle, etc... menus but not context.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.