Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 6    Views: 106

Kypros - MetaxasVasiliou
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 04, 2013
Strovolos
04/03/14 03:47 AM (10 years ago)

Push notifications Problem (Android) - Devices Registers but not receiving notifications

Hey guys, I have a problem with one of my apps on the Self Hosted Panel. Devices Register successfully on Live and i see them in the panel. I sent the notifications, it says successfull but noone receives anything. Can anyone help me fix it? Thnx. Kypros

hasher13
Android Fan
Reg: Jul 21, 2012
Wethersfield
04/03/14 05:31 AM (10 years ago)
I do not know how to link previous topics in the posts, but a long way to find is search one of my last topics, "just going to throw it out there" and in that thread is a link to a fix. Sorry, its a bit long but definitely worth it. I was having the same problem. howard

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/03/14 05:44 AM (10 years ago)
Howard, I believe this is the post you were looking for: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=EF3D2DBBA9B7B3ECB2EBDB2&currentPage=1 a BT'er named Fred taught me this a while back, and it saved my mental state and several thousands of dollars in therapy - with google open, in the 'search text box' type the following: site:buzztouch.com/forum <your search terms here> so, for instance, to find the above post, I used: site:buzztouch.com/forum just going to throw it out there and of course, it was a perfect match and the first return that popped up. Hope it helps! Cheers! -- Smug

Masons App Design
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 06, 2013
Andrews, TX
04/03/14 07:43 AM (10 years ago)
Yes I think that is what you are looking for and I am working on a how to for this so it will be easily available to all.

Kypros - MetaxasVa...
Code is Art
Strovolos
04/03/14 09:20 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the fast reply. I don't think that this is my problem. Devices registration is fine, my self hosted buzztouch panel shows the devices in Live mode. When i begin sending i get: "Notifications Sent". But nothing happened at all! By the way BT_gcmConfig.java code is this one: package com.papou; import android.content.Context; import android.content.Intent; public class BT_gcmConfig{ //Google GCM API Project Number (provided by google)... static final String SENDER_ID = "985462145879"; //tags for log messages... static final String TAG = "GCM"; static final String DISPLAY_MESSAGE_ACTION = "com.papou.DISPLAY_MESSAGE"; static final String EXTRA_MESSAGE = "message"; //tells UI to show a message... static void displayMessage(Context context, String message) { Intent intent = new Intent(DISPLAY_MESSAGE_ACTION); intent.putExtra(EXTRA_MESSAGE, message); context.sendBroadcast(intent); } } Here is a screenshot of my situation: http://www.kokkinochoria.com/image_BT.jpg

Kypros - MetaxasVa...
Code is Art
Strovolos
04/03/14 09:21 AM (10 years ago)
No one knows how to fix this? Is this a self hosted problem?

Kypros - MetaxasVa...
Code is Art
Strovolos
04/07/14 02:44 AM (10 years ago)
Any updates?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.