Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 5    Views: 156

mobi
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 23, 2014
NY
04/02/14 07:15 AM (10 years ago)

406 Not Acceptable and 500 error

Just got around to becoming a member, yeh! I went and did the self hosting. All seemed to go smooth, the seconded time around(first time I installed it on wrong domain, dont ask). Anyways, I can log in and such, went to create an app, and when I go to upload an app icon I get the following: Not Acceptable An appropriate representation of the requested resource /BT-server/bt_v15/bt_app/bt_icon.php could not be found on this server. Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. Any ideas/insight or perhaps point me in the correct direction to resolve this issue? Installed on a Godaddy shared host. Permissions are set to 755 on all files.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
04/02/14 07:41 AM (10 years ago)

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
04/02/14 07:43 AM (10 years ago)
For your server woes, contact PSMDanny, he is the master of fixing those problems at a decent price. http://www.buzztouch.com/psmdanny In the left menu, Private Message him on that page.

mobi
Aspiring developer
NY
04/02/14 08:57 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the link and the info Niraj.

mobi
Aspiring developer
NY
04/05/14 12:09 AM (10 years ago)
Just an update. I ended up just using my hostgator account and set up there. Seems to be working(knock on wood) but havnt gone to far yet. So the above issue I no longer need help with.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
11/11/14 11:21 PM (9 years ago)
I realize this thread is a few months old. This is finally figured out. A doozie for sure. As it turns out, the countless ways mod_security could be configured on any particular box caused all sorts of freakouts. In this case, it's all about a ridiculously simple hidden http form field. The affected file: BT-server/bt_app/bt_icon.php The fix: Remove line 528. That's it, remove this line, re-upload the file. So far all servers with this issue are working. Line 528 reads: <input type="hidden" name="iconUrl" id="iconUrl" value="<?php echo $iconUrl;?>"/> Remove the entire line that holds this hidden input field. May be the longest ever to find "bug" that was caused entirely by a recent change to the mod_security module on zillions of linux servers. Sigh. Happy.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.