DaveMudra
Lost but trying
Reg: Feb 10, 2014
West Covina
04/01/14 01:45 PM (10 years ago)

No Property Pages

I followed instructions and was able to get my project from Buzztouch imported or loaded in Eclipse but am getting 13 errors. I went into FILE and PROPERTIES and it says there are no property pages set up for my app. Maybe that is the problem that I need resolved?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
04/01/14 01:57 PM (10 years ago)
Are you saying that after you load your project into Eclipse, highlight it in Package Explorer, right-click, and select Properties, that nothing shows up? Remember to Right-click, and not do the File > Properties way. Mark

DaveMudra
Lost but trying
West Covina
04/01/14 03:27 PM (10 years ago)
Mark, Well now I have to go back to square one because the project didn't stay loaded in Eclipse although I remember saving it. So I go the Buzztouch and download the project to my c: drive. When I open Windows explorer I can see the unzipped folder on my c: drive called SelfieSnap_android. I go into Eclipse and go to File/Import - I select General then Existing Projects. I then select "Browse" under "Select Root Directory." This brings up an interface similar to Windows Explorer. However, in that interface I am unable to see the unzipped folder called SelfieSnap_Android so I am unable to import it.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
04/01/14 03:43 PM (10 years ago)
Are you sure the folder is unzipped? I don't think Windows unzips the folder by default, so you may have to right-click and then select Extract. That should provide the folder that you can then import into Eclipse. Mark

DaveMudra
Lost but trying
West Covina
04/01/14 03:50 PM (10 years ago)
Mark, Well now I have to go back to square one because the project didn't stay loaded in Eclipse although I remember saving it. So I go the Buzztouch and download the project to my c: drive. When I open Windows explorer I can see the unzipped folder on my c: drive called SelfieSnap_android. I go into Eclipse and go to File/Import - I select General then Existing Projects. I then select "Browse" under "Select Root Directory." This brings up an interface similar to Windows Explorer. However, in that interface I am unable to see the unzipped folder called SelfieSnap_Android so I am unable to import it.

DaveMudra
Lost but trying
West Covina
04/01/14 03:52 PM (10 years ago)
Mark, The folder is NOT unzipped because I was told on this forum that Eclipse unzips for me. In fact, the last time I loaded the project that was how it was done. However, you have given me something to try so I will do that and let you know. Thanks for the feedback

DaveMudra
Lost but trying
West Covina
04/01/14 04:04 PM (10 years ago)
OK, I have correctly imported the application and it appears to be error free. I am near the end of the instructions that were sent to me at: https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/Compiling_Your_Android_Application_v1.0.pdf I am at the point in the document that says "Now that your app is error free (remember, warnings are OK), you’re ready to compile and run it in the simulator. You should have an Android Virtual Device set up in Eclipse per my other document. It will get loaded automatically when you run your app. Can you send me the link that that "other" document so I can proceed? Dave

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
04/01/14 04:06 PM (10 years ago)

DaveMudra
Lost but trying
West Covina
04/04/14 04:06 PM (10 years ago)
Mark, About 5 minutes into the video he takes a detour to update the Android SDK Manager to make sure that it has all of the files needed. When I do this it says that there are 7 packages to install but it will only install 6 of the packages. On the seventh package it gives me the following error: Warning: The following processes -CMD.exe -Java.exe are locking the following directory (it lists the directory) please close these applications so the install can continue. The managers log says that it failed to rename directory because these two programs were locking the directories. What do I do? It appears that in order to update the Android SDK software I need to disable these two processes but the Android SDK software needs these processes in order to work.

DaveMudra
Lost but trying
West Covina
04/05/14 12:06 PM (10 years ago)
Mark - in addition to the above comments Eclipse says this when I launch Android SDK: [2014-04-05 12:00:46 - android-support-v7-gridlayout] Unable to resolve target 'android-7' [2014-04-05 12:00:57 - SDK Manager] [SDK Manager] Invalid number of parameters [2014-04-05 12:00:57 - SDK Manager] [SDK Manager] The system cannot find the path specified. I've watched all of the videos relating to Android and have been posting my questions but still have not been able to get Eclipse to work correctly.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
04/05/14 12:55 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Dave, First thing I would do is make sure you have no other applications (browsers, games, etc) running when you do the SDK updates. It's possible that something else is running Java also. If you are using Windows, try running the SDK Manager as Administrator(right click the exe, select Run As Administrator) just in case there are permissions issues. When you create the Emulator, make sure you're creating it using the Android 4.0 or above API. Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.