axeman19
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 19, 2014
Stone, Staffs. ...
03/31/14 03:28 PM (10 years ago)

Error message on login

Hi, I've just installed buzztouch on my server which appeared to go very well until the point where I login. The login screen is there but after adding my details I get the following error message: "An error ocurred in the db_connect() method in utilityFunctions.php (1)" Any ideas chaps? Steve.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/09/14 05:00 AM (10 years ago)
Hi Steve! Sorry for the tardy reply :) That sounds like a connection error to the MySQL server. What you may want to do is review your config.php file, because despite the 'installation', there are still a few values you'll need to either add, or correct, in the config.php file before things start running smoothly. Take a look at it and see if all the values are correct, and correct them if not. Then give your server another look and see if things do better. Cheers! -- Smug

axeman19
Aspiring developer
Stone, Staffs. ...
04/28/14 05:17 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks Smug and sorry for the belated reply! Apart from what I have been asked to change in the config.php file what should I be looking for? Steve.

axeman19
Aspiring developer
Stone, Staffs. ...
04/28/14 05:47 AM (10 years ago)
Sorted it... cheers!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.