Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 8    Views: 59

mujtaba
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 30, 2013
Mumbai
03/30/14 05:07 PM (10 years ago)

Menu with image customisation

Hi guyz, I am making an app in which i want to have an individual row background image for each row along with a row icon for my menu. for instance refer this image: https://lh5.ggpht.com/AjtcEPe4V6N39P0o9w-G_-g4jOB7bocUGC3s2N17aHPojzWEpiX_y0fCt13ymfcpeYJ0=h900 Please suggest detailed steps. I am working on Menu with image plugin right now. Thank you!

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
03/30/14 07:38 PM (10 years ago)
I am working on a plugin that does that with Joe Sprott of Bodacious Media. It is not quite ready for the Plugin Market, however. Maybe in a few weeks?

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
03/30/14 09:37 PM (10 years ago)
That'll be a fun one! David Van Beveren https://btmods.com/chat ^ Chat with other BT Members live!

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/30/14 11:07 PM (10 years ago)
I did it by modifying the Menu Advanced plugin for iOS. I am fairly certain the Android version can be similarly modified. I used it for The Big Game app. I am working on another app where the Menu with Image will be modified in a similar way. Having a bit of problem with it tonight. Will try again tomorrow. -- Niraj

mujtaba
Aspiring developer
Mumbai
03/31/14 01:00 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks everyone!

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
03/31/14 06:52 AM (10 years ago)
The plugin Joe and I have simply takes the icon image and resizes it and centers it, and removes the text. So each row is a big image.

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/31/14 07:29 AM (10 years ago)
@Susan -- a few suggestions to make that plugin be flexible. Because we have too many menu plugins, I would enhance your existing Menu with Image plugin for these features: - Text is still possible for each row - Text can be aligned (Left, Center, Right) - Different image for each row - Text overlays the image - Text color for that particular row - Tap on a row darkens the image and reverses color of text to show it was tapped. Three global settings -- tapped image color, tapped text color, react when tapped. - Row height to simulate separation of rows (global setting) - Row gap to separate rows (global setting) This will allow one to create a vertical series of buttons for a Menu or an Information Table where the image is an indicator for the text value. Thanks for hearing me out, -- Niraj

mujtaba
Aspiring developer
Mumbai
03/31/14 10:19 AM (10 years ago)
@Susan, it sounds very interesting. But the things Niraj suggested will surely make it an app developer's favorite plugin. I am waiting for it desperately. Have to launch one of my app anyways by tomorrow evening(IST). See if you can at least provide me the app that allows the image to fit the entire row. Thanks!

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Hopkins, Minnes...
03/31/14 10:29 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks, Niraj! The one we are working on will be a different plugin and owned by Joe rather than me. I helped him with it extensively, but he owns the plugin. The new plugin will be all images. One of the things we need to fix will be to change the row image opacity when selected. The barrier to publishing the plugin is just figuring out the various combinations of row image sizes so the user knows what to do and the iOS and Android work correctly. In regards to the Menu with Image, I can consider some of those changes. It is a very inexpensive plugin, though, so it may be better to put those enhancements into the Menu Image Advanced owned by Chris1. I like to keep the price low on it, since it is a good starter plugin.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.