Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 1    Views: 207

ictguy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Mildura, Austra...
03/27/14 07:17 PM (10 years ago)

Pushbots push service

Hi All, Just wondering if some one can share the code to activate the Pushbots push service? I've used parse.com successfully in the past but wanted to try out this new service. A few members said they had it working. I've configured the manifest file as per the pushbot instructions and I'm using this in the packagename__appDelegate.java file after the "on create" message. // Start code ... // Real ID's replaced for this post private String SENDER_ID = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXX"; private String PUSHBOTS_APPLICATION_ID = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"; //when the application is created... public void onCreate(){ super.onCreate(); Pushbots.init(this,SENDER_ID,PUSHBOTS_APPLICATION_ID); // end code ... The app runs but the device is never registered. There is no reference in the logcat of the app trying to reach the pushbot servers and no errors in the app. With parse.com you would have to cast an argument to get ii working ... not sure about pushbots :( Any ideas appreciated. cheers Darrel

DougJoseph
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 30, 2016
Stonewood
03/02/16 02:06 PM (8 years ago)
This is an old thread, but I just found a YouTube video that may help, for anyone finding this thread lately and it being pertinent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ZyTbM27Bc I have BT Push (self hosted) working on iOS, but there is no list management of notifications. I am trying hard to get BT Push (self hosted) to work on Android, and to get a Push Notifications list/manager to work on both iOS and Android. If I cannot, I may try to implement a service such as pushbots.com Any advice, anyone?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.