Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 3    Views: 80

cl8
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 12, 2012
Windsor Ontario
03/24/14 07:58 PM (10 years ago)

Can you still configure Selfhosting Control Panel V2

I really need to compile V2 apps so they can be used on Gingerbread phones. Is it possible to set up self hosting V2.

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
03/24/14 08:46 PM (10 years ago)
I'm actually not sure with all of the recent changes. I do know that if you want to hit the biggest market, Jelly Bean is the way to go (unless statistics have changed in the past month). Someone else will give you a more proper answer then me, but just wanted to give you the heads up :-) David http://btmods.com/chat

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
03/24/14 10:06 PM (10 years ago)
@cl8, The V2 server was still running a few days ago... Authough I don't know how long BT will keep it running. You can install Buzztouch Self-Hosted 2.1.9 (most recent V2 update) from https://www.buzztouch.com/BT-server/BT-server-2.1.9.zip

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
03/25/14 01:17 AM (10 years ago)
I regularly compile Android 2.2 apps from the latest self hosted BT control panel 3.0.0. You have to choose the "upper" option Prepare Android Project in option 3 Select iOS or Android to begin the process of the Prepare Project Download option. This option is not available any more from buzztouch.com, you must have self hosted. Another way to compile for old versions is to use the old code that you already have in older apps. Copy the old app folder in Eclipse, change its name through Refactor / Rename, and then you are on your own. In the rest of the process you will have to juggle files and code within files, but it is totally doable. The main factor that differentiates apps in buzztouch system is the BT_config.file, copy that from the server into the app and you have a totally new app! If you master this technique, you stop being dependant on changes in BT software and start being able to produce older Android versions at will.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.