Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 4    Views: 86

Weidies
Lost but trying
Reg: Jan 13, 2014
Pretoria, Gaute...
03/23/14 01:02 PM (10 years ago)

Plugin direction needed.

Really trying. I have been reading through the post about Plugins, but can't find the right one. What am I missing or must I still do? Please can someone send me a link so that I can read some more? My problem is the following: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/94858310/Missing_Plugin_BT.png Thanks. Weidies

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/23/14 02:35 PM (10 years ago)
Well, you've started off on the right foot; the BTU videos are a great start. If you've downloaded your 'package' you may need some additional 'tweaking' to it. Use one of these guides; a bit outdated, but should apply none the less… https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/instructionsAndroid.pdf https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/instructionsiOS.pdf Also, make sure you've 'defined' a home screen in your project. This is located under the 'layout' link… choose a screen you've already created. Hope this helps! Cheers! -- Smug

Weidies
Lost but trying
Pretoria, Gaute...
03/26/14 02:51 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Smug I did follow all the instructions in the mentioned doc's. Had success with my first App, it is running on Play Store, but it seems as soon as I start with plugins everything becomes "broken". Is the plugins on BT, Guest version, run automatically or if not, what 'tweaking' is needed? Trying to use the Quiz and Login, for now. Thanks for the previous response. Weidies

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/26/14 03:20 PM (10 years ago)
A BT Guest has the same access as any BT Member. The only difference is the 'number' of apps you can have (I think it's 3). Plugins that cost money may cost more for Non-members, as an incentive to save with membership. However there is nothing 'I' can do as a member that you cannot do as a guest. And all app functionality should be 'on'. There is no limit or throttle of any kind. And you get to keep the source code. How freakin' cool is that!?! :) But to get back to your question, The Quiz is fairly straightforward… The Login I am afraid I haven't worked with, so I won't be able to answer 'from experience'. The way I 'think' it's supposed to work is, the login screen provides a 'state'. That state is either 'logged in' or 'logged out'. getting to the 'logged in' state requires a user to authenticate, either through a script that 'you' create, or by authenticating them in the BT control panel, which still requires 'you' to create a user account in a section of your app control panel. So, if your screen has the 'require login' to be set, the user would first login via the login screen, and afterwards, navigate to the screen that required authentication. Hope this might clear something up for you. If you're having specific problems, let us know what's happening, and we'll do our best to help you work through it. Cheers! -- Smug

Weidies
Lost but trying
Pretoria, Gaute...
03/27/14 01:07 PM (10 years ago)
Thank you Smug! I am going to start again by only keeping the home screen, and deleting the rest. Will let you know if I win. I must say the whole BT control panel is awesome. Enjoy. Weidies

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.