RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2013
Park City
03/23/14 05:02 PM (10 years ago)

Apple LLVM 5.0

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1 I looked at a "solution" link in a previous post for the same error and I don't understand what the "fix" is. I've read it several times and I'm in the "build settings" of the project file and have no idea what to look at or what to do. Besides deleting the project and recompiling it all over again, is there an easy way to fix this issue?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/23/14 06:49 PM (10 years ago)
Typically I get this when I've done something exceptionally odd. If you can remember your last few steps, undo them. otherwise, if you haven't already, read the paper Chris1 wrote on using the iOS debugger for exceptions… it could help narrow things down. https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/exception%20debugging%20how-to.pdf Good Luck! Cheers! -- Smug

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
03/23/14 06:50 PM (10 years ago)
Thank you once again! I'll let you know what I find.

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
03/23/14 07:28 PM (10 years ago)
Creating an exception has not shown me anything.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
03/23/14 07:39 PM (10 years ago)
hmm… What were you working on before it started acting up? Try and backtrack a bit. In the 'worst' case, you shouldn't have to download a new package, as long as you kept the original download… although I suppose it couldn't hurt. What I sometimes resort to, is to remove the plugins from the app (just the reference) and run the app… if it goes to the 'plugin missing' screen, I know one of my plugins got messed up, and will add them one by one until I find the right culprit. If it still errors despite having removed the plugins, you have issues with the core and if you can't find it you'll probably end up having to start over again. If you modified any plugins, you can keep the changes from this attempt, and move it to the next. Basically it's going to be a process of elimination, as best you can, until the issue is found. If the elimination proves to be too time consuming, then start over. It depends on what time and effort you've invested into the current version. Good Luck! Let us know what happens! Cheers! -- Smug

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
03/23/14 08:32 PM (10 years ago)
The only thing I did is I changed the Global Theme in the BT control panel by removing the background images and went with a solid color, then I started up the emulator and it "build failed". The app was running just fine before I made that little change in the BT control panel.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
03/23/14 10:07 PM (10 years ago)
Really? That's way odd… control panel only… no code… hmmm…. Then I'd delete whatever app was on my device or simulator and do a couple of cleans (menu -> project -> clean) to clear out any old data… Then try it again. Not sure much after that… hope it can help! Cheers! -- Smug

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
03/24/14 07:48 AM (10 years ago)
"Uncertainty" has become the new way of being. lol

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
04/03/14 10:33 AM (10 years ago)
Well, after deleting the project and recompiling the project in the bT control panel, everything is working just fine in Xcode now. Thank you!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.