AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
03/21/14 11:00 AM (10 years ago)

Configuring launch image, is it worth it?

I thought I'd customize the launch image on my app, as I felt if I could put something on display while the app loads, it might look better. However, I've noticed two downsides: 1) The extra payload in the app with all the images seems to slow down launch. 2) I'm getting a blank white screen for about one second after the launch screen and before my first menu loads, which doesn't look so good. I seem to recall in the past (BT 2.0) the launch screen came up immediately, showed the spinner for a bit and then went straight to the first page. I just wondered if anyone had some tips or experience in this area please, because at the moment, I'm leaning towards going back to the default black! Cheers, Alan

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
03/21/14 11:40 AM (10 years ago)
Alan, I saw your post yesterday about the splash screen delay on android.I have noticed it to be 2 seconds on a new app I created before advancing to main screen. I have gotten a little better at trying to find this stuff in the files so I will give you an update as soon as I can. I am taking this one on as a challenge. I will be digging in this weekend. this is wild I can't believe I actually want to figure it out. Apparently coding is addictive It would be pretty big deal if I actually find it {the answer} stay tuned Joe

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
03/21/14 11:47 AM (10 years ago)
Cheers Joe,any and all idea's welcome. On the splash thing, I've come to the conclusion there is no reason for the Android splash use the transition time at all. Together with this issue, I'm struggling to optimize the user experience, but it affects us all, so I'm hoping somebody has looked at this. I like a challenge too, I'm just rubbish at coding! Alan

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
03/21/14 11:49 AM (10 years ago)
we will be like super heros crushing the dreaded code

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/22/14 10:20 PM (10 years ago)
The launch image comes up fine. Then the screen blanks white for 1 second due to code that I have seen in the BT Core or in App Delegate. Got to re-find that pesky critter!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.