AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
03/21/14 11:40 AM (10 years ago)

IAD without the control panel? - solved

I want to release an ios app that is free with adverts and a second version that is paid for, that is without adverts, but I want there to be only one app in the control panel. So I was wondering, how easy would it be to 'switch on' iad by tinkering in xcode ?

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
03/21/14 04:47 PM (10 years ago)
Alan, I don't think what your thinking would be the best idea, or really realistic. Having two apps out there with only one in the Control Panel is certainly.. possible, but messy, and you'll encounter problems later for-sure. A better solution would be: Grab the in-app plugin, and make in app purchases remove the iAds, which is definitely possible. It's not the exact solution, but it does give the same end result, without making things messy. Check it out. https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=16E7586E9E8D437768AEE84 @theMoster is a beast (pun not intended), if you haven't used his plugin, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Let us know how it works out, if you end up going this route, or maybe some others can give you a better solution. David https://btmods.com/chat

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
03/22/14 02:39 AM (10 years ago)
Hi David, interesting perspective, but I don't understand why you think it is unrealistic. Indeed, on Android, having one app published with adverts and one without, both from a single app in the control panel is a piece of cake. Produce two identical executables, change the app name for one of them in the manifest, add the advert code as necessary to one of them and voila, job done. So I wouldn't mind understanding the downside for IOS and why you think it would be messy to do the same for an apple app. As for the in-app plugin, I have it, but I have issues with it :- 1) I can't see how to just remove adverts with IAP (but I'd love to) 2) I'm not 'unlocking' extra functionality, just removing the adverts (although that is worth thinking about). 3) IAP works by hiding pages of extra functionality (as pages or menus), which are 'unlocked' after payment, but you still have to navigate through an IAP page every time to get to those pages, which is a bit of a usability issue. There were a couple of good mods published to overcome that which people have asked to be incorporated. These enhancements stopped working with BT 3.0 and the author has been very quiet, which frankly is concerning for the longer term support.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
04/04/14 05:27 AM (10 years ago)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.