Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 56

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
03/21/14 05:33 PM (10 years ago)

Tabbar Utilities and ThumbViewer

Interested in getting the TabBar Utility from Chris. I have several ThumbViewer screens in my app- however all of them have the TabBar hidden. Before purchasing, just want to confirm that the only conflict would be if I had the TabBar visible on a ThumbViewer screen? This is what is on the TabBar Utrilities PlugIn page: "Note 3: This plugin does not play well with the Thumb Viewer Plugin. There is no known workaround at this time." Anyone have them both in their app? Thanks.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
03/21/14 06:34 PM (10 years ago)
Hey NC, I was the one that originally found the conflict between the two plugins. My Thumbviewer screens also had the tabbar hidden on those particular screens... the problem was that when using the "back" button to return to a menu that did show the tabbar, the tabbar from the utility had crashed, leaving the original stock tabbar in it's place. The crash conflict only happens, or is visably noticed rather, when pressing the back button after being in a thumbviewer screen. It's because of the different ways the two plugins access, push and interact with the view controllers in different ways. Chris's tabbar utility plugin is so great though, it was worth it to me to recreate all of my thumbviewer screens with a different plugin (mosaic menu in my case, setup to be used as an image gallery instead of a menu... and over 300 screens to recreate). Tabbar utility is worth it just for the awesome colored tabbar icons alone! When having to choose between only having one of the two plugins in my app, thumbviewer or tabbar utility, tabbar utility won hands down :)

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
03/21/14 07:41 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the details. I appreciate knowing that it really is one or the other. I will definitely will try the Tabbar utility on another app, because it sounds great. However I am way too far down the road to make that level of change with my current app.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.