Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 33

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
03/21/14 11:56 PM (10 years ago)

PopUp Webview startAnimatingIndicator

This plugin from Kittsy is one of my favorites. I am loading xls files from URLs. Current size only takes 2-3 seconds before they display, but they will be getting bigger and a user may have a slower connection. EDIT: startAnimatingIndicator code is executed (in MDBrowser.m around line 211) - but not displaying on-screen? Kittsy- can you check the plugin and see what I am missing? (line numbers probably have changed ;) Thanks

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/22/14 07:16 AM (10 years ago)
For my usage of the customURL plugin, I disabled the circle progress view indicator. It would flash onto the screen for every major part of the web page -- annoying! I wish there was a way to have the WebView progressively show content on the screen. Currently it gathers everything and then displays the entire page in one shot.

NCbuzz
Code is Art
Reg: Sep 11, 2013
Lillington, NC
03/22/14 09:40 AM (10 years ago)
Interesting- since in mine (using PopUp Webview) it never shows. Before I realized there even was theAnimating Indicator there I was trying to add showProgress and hideProgress in the popUpWebview.h Hoping Kittsy will weigh-in and say well you just need to look here and try this code :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.