SniprUK
Lost but trying
Reg: Feb 16, 2012
Nottingham, UK
03/22/14 02:24 AM (10 years ago)

Errors left, right and centre!

Hi all, I've just finished creating my app on here and I've exported it to use in Eclipse. This is where the issues begin, when I import the existing android project, all through the src file there are errors. (Not on everything but still on lots). I've also imported the Google Play services library and made the buzztouch project reference that library. Still the errors. When I go one of the files showing errors, most of it is fine but there are lines of code (for example, in BT_activity_host.java, one of the first errors is: setContentView(R.layout.bt_activity_host). When I hover over the error, Eclipse says bt_activity_host cannot be resolved or is not a field. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Cheers, SniprUK

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
03/22/14 02:43 AM (10 years ago)
Did you also remove the 'dummy' Google Play services library reference from your project?

SniprUK
Lost but trying
Nottingham, UK
03/22/14 05:01 AM (10 years ago)
What dummy version? Thanks

SniprUK
Lost but trying
Nottingham, UK
03/22/14 06:47 AM (10 years ago)
Ignore that last. Yeah I have deleted the dummy one. I'm still getting the errors though. Not as many. But I still can test the app. The ones that have errors are: src: BT_activity_host.java BT_activity_start.java BT_fragment_load_config_data.java BT_fragment_missing.java BT_fragment.java BT_gcmInternetService.java BT_plugin_sample.java BT_plugin_success.java BT_screen_customHTML.java BT_screen_menuListSimple.java BT_viewUtilities.java Then there are two in res>values: ads_attrs.xml maps_attrs.xml Any help would be greatly appreciated

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
03/22/14 08:16 AM (10 years ago)
Sometimes, when you try to import an app and it doesn't go cleanly, it is easier to delete (or rename) the imported project start again. Getting the hang of this can be a bit tricky, but once you get it, it will stick.

SniprUK
Lost but trying
Nottingham, UK
03/23/14 01:36 AM (10 years ago)
New breakthrough, I can import an old app (from 2013) and get it to play nice with Google Play services etc. I get no errors. May be something to do with the new app?

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Esher, UK
03/23/14 09:06 AM (10 years ago)
Good that you have proved an app will compile. Was a BT 2.0 or a 3.0 app? I suggest you build a really simple app that just displays one page and see if that downloads and compiles. If it does, that's good, you can build on that. If not, it is possible that you may have a 'rogue plugin' in your control panel that is affecting the build. If you are self hosted, it's worth refreshing the plugins.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.