Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 3    Views: 70

sal s
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 29, 2012
Chicago
03/20/14 07:22 PM (10 years ago)

BT Self Hosting Skin issue

Hi, I installed BT 3.0 on my godaddy hosting account. I went through all the steps fine with no errors. Even though the admin tool works, there is no theme to the site at all, it just looks like a bunch of links and text boxes. I suspect the Css and images are not being read/seen. when I try to access the css file or logo file, etc via browser I get a 404 error although the files are in the theme folder. I checked the permission to the folder/files and it is set to 755 which I thought was ok. at this point I'm not sure if its affecting anything else in the "files" folder other than themes, but it is certainly the most noticeable. Any ideas? Thanks

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/21/14 06:39 AM (10 years ago)
sounds like you might have an issue with your config.php values… there are a couple of path related values that absolutely have to be correct in order for things to work correctly. define("APP_PHYSICAL_PATH", "YOUR_APP_PHYSICAL_PATH"); 'app physical path' is a biggie, and the one most people get incorrect. If it doesn't work for you, you may have to contact Go Daddy support to obtain a correct 'physical' path to your directories. These two: define("APP_DATA_DIRECTORY", "/files"); define("APP_THEME_PATH", "/files/theme"); should be left alone. They work as they are without any changes. But it depends on a correct physical path. hope this helps! Cheers! -- Smug

sal s
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 29, 2012
Chicago
03/21/14 03:18 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks much for the response, Smug. I tried to get the Physical Path both from my Godaddy Dashboard as well as a php script I placed on root of my site and both point to below to no avail (less the BT-Server folder). The config file is set up : define("APP_PHYSICAL_PATH", "/home/mysite/public_html/BT-Server"); define("APP_DATA_DIRECTORY", "/files"); define("APP_THEME_PATH", "/files/theme"); Looks like I may need to contact Godaddy or jump to Gator Hosting?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/21/14 05:00 PM (10 years ago)
One or the other. Or contact someone who has GoDaddy and can point out some meaningful details… but sadly that won't be me; I'm with a different host. Good Luck! Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.