03/15/14 06:42 AM (10 years ago)

apple powerbook g4 15

will I be able to use this to make ios apps apple powerbook g4 15

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
03/15/14 08:28 AM (10 years ago)
You will be able to use the Buzztouch control panel to create apps with your computer, however you may not be able to compile (turn the project from code to an app). Unfortunately, I do not believe so. Even the newest and best Powerbooks can only run Mac OS X Leopard, and Xcode 5.1 requires Mountain Lion. You may also have issues with running Android as Leopard only supports Apple-provided Java 6, whereas the most up-to-date version is Java 8 (coming out in less than a week). However, if you are interested in developing apps, here are some solutions I recommend: 1. Try: http://www.macincloud.com, this website is fully capable run the latest version of Xcode 2. If solution 1 does not work, here is another idea: Pick up a used mac mini (usually costs a couple hundred dollars) Does this help? Jake

murraydick
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 03, 2014
grantham
03/15/14 09:48 AM (10 years ago)
thanks for your help

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.