Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 2    Views: 54

nickjames
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 06, 2013
Reading, Berksh...
03/17/14 06:44 AM (10 years ago)

RSS To Wap Push

Hi Guys, I have created a few Apps in BT now but would like some recommendations on a solution for my next BT project. I have a membership website publishes an RSS feed. Each time a new article is posted, or a discussion forum thread is started an update to the rss feed is made. I am looking to turn these RSS feed updates into wap pushes to the app which members will have on their handsets to encourage them to revisit the membership site. Is there a recommended Wap Push plug in that works well with BT apps? If so I would love to hear about it. Thanks Nick

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/17/14 06:45 PM (10 years ago)
You will want to take advantage of Push Notifications. Then you will want to have a server poll the RSS Feed for updates. When an update is detected, the Server should automatically send out a Push Notification with that new content as a headline. ----------- Another way is to have the app do background polling of the RSS feed for updates. Upon detection of updates, the app can display a "local notification" to the User. -- Niraj

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/17/14 06:46 PM (10 years ago)
Check into http://Parse.com for their capabilities -- it might alleviate some of the burden of coding.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.