Discussion Forums  >  Xcode, Errors, Installing, Configuring

Replies: 10    Views: 113

Specs41
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 06, 2014
ashford
03/16/14 10:05 AM (10 years ago)

Struggling NEw guy needs friends and assistance

I just downloaded some SourceCode for Xcode, All was fine Until the simulator Cam up with the message no plugins Etc.... then dragged Plugins to Xcode as seen in this forum but then this occurs: int retVal = UIApplicationMain(argc, argv, @"UIApplication", @"gbapp_appDelegate"); with error SIGABRT on the side Help would be Much Appreciated

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/16/14 05:55 PM (10 years ago)
Hiya! Welcome to Buzztouch! That's a bit odd, that error… It usually means something went wrong, but we don't know what just yet. What I would suggest is to take a read of a couple of documents by GoNorthWest and Chris1. These documents focus on 'troubleshooting' the Android and iOS environments… https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/Problem_Reporting_and_Basic_Debug_v1.0.pdf https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/Common_Apple_Errors_and_Solutions_v1.0.pdf https://www.buzztouch.com/files/howtos/exception%20debugging%20how-to.pdf Hopefully one of these will shed some light on the issue. otherwise, I'd say remove the plugins and add them one at a time to see if one of them is the culprit; it may be that something isn't quite ready yet. You might also take a 'fresh' copy of your config file (in your BT control panel under 'configuration data') and replace your project's 'BT_config.txt' file (located under the 'BT_Config' directory). Hope this helps, but if not, stop by and let us know where you're at… we'll help figure it out. Cheers! -- Smug

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/16/14 09:02 PM (10 years ago)
You downloaded the project within the past few days? You dragged the Plugins folder and the Images folder into Xcode? And you clicked the checkbox when it asks you the question of "copy the files"? Have you thrown away that one and downloaded a fresh project? As Smug said, "rather strange ..."

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
03/17/14 12:44 AM (10 years ago)
Welcome to Buzztouch, @Specs41! That is indeed a strange error. One thing you can try, after you've verified that ALL the folders in your BT project have been dragged over to Xcode (BT_Plugins, BT_Images, BT_Docs, BT_Art, etc), is to try an Project > Clean. This will clean out any issues that might exist from a previously failed build. Then try to run it again and let us know what happens. You've got tons of friends here already just by being a part of this community! Give a shout when you need some help! Mark

Specs41
Aspiring developer
ashford
03/18/14 11:04 AM (10 years ago)
Hi guys i had this massive response all typed out then something happened and not the good kind first of all thanks for the advice, its nice to know i have friends haha. basically i re-downloaded the source code for the umpteenth time only for the simulator to come with the following message: Missing Plugin: The View Controller For This Plugin Was Not Compiled in the Xcode Project so doing as i was told on this forum after searching( see Im A good boy haha) i was told to drag Plugins folder into xcode and the any others that might be missing ( thanks for the tip on that one @GoNorthWest) I then ran simulator again and the same error occurs. ive checked to make sure all Folders are in Xcode Which they are. any other help would be awesome You Guys are awesome people just saying : ) id be curled up on the floor without you haha

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
03/18/14 11:28 AM (10 years ago)
Are you still getting that error? If so, make sure that all the screens you have selected in your control panel are iOS plugins, and not just Android plugins. That would explain the missing view controller. Mark

Specs41
Aspiring developer
ashford
03/19/14 01:50 AM (10 years ago)
Hi guys i had this massive response all typed out then something happened and not the good kind first of all thanks for the advice, its nice to know i have friends haha. basically i re-downloaded the source code for the umpteenth time only for the simulator to come with the following message: Missing Plugin: The View Controller For This Plugin Was Not Compiled in the Xcode Project so doing as i was told on this forum after searching( see Im A good boy haha) i was told to drag Plugins folder into xcode and the any others that might be missing ( thanks for the tip on that one @GoNorthWest) I then ran simulator again and the same error occurs. ive checked to make sure all Folders are in Xcode Which they are. any other help would be awesome You Guys are awesome people just saying : ) id be curled up on the floor without you haha

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/19/14 02:48 AM (10 years ago)
So… Which plugin is missing? If this is on startup, then the menu must be missing. Which kind is it? Take a peek inside your plugins directory and make sure it's there. Although 'some' things have changed, 'most' things have not. There used to be instructions provided with the download package… Here is an old version. The appearance might be a little different, but all the steps are basically the same. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/instructionsiOS.pdf Hope this helps! Cheers! -- Smug

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
03/19/14 06:06 AM (10 years ago)
Go to Layout in your Control Panel. What is the opening screen? What type of screen is the opening screen, which plugin is being used?

Specs41
Aspiring developer
ashford
03/19/14 09:11 AM (10 years ago)
Cheers Guys we have life or a very blank life but still we have life. Smug that document really helped cheers for that. but it was the combination of all your solutions. if i could give you all a hug i would Thanks ever so much. ill let you know when the next hurdle falls haha cheers guys

Specs41
Aspiring developer
ashford
03/19/14 10:18 AM (10 years ago)
Cheers Guys we have life or a very blank life but still we have life. Smug that document really helped cheers for that. but it was the combination of all your solutions. if i could give you all a hug i would Thanks ever so much. ill let you know when the next hurdle falls haha cheers guys

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.