gail
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 08, 2014
grantham
03/16/14 08:07 AM (10 years ago)

eclipse

hi I am new to all this I have uploaded the android sdk bundle and the java files and configured the sdk and avd in eclipse but when I import the app that I did in bt all I get is errors like [2014-03-16 14:59:52 - squirrelchat] Unable to resolve target 'android-14' [2014-03-16 14:59:55 - squirrelchat] Unable to resolve target 'android-14' it also comes up with 100 errors and 1 warning Attribute minSdkVersion (14) is higher than the project target API level (8) can anyone help

Sandeep
Android Fan
Reg: Feb 01, 2012
Miraj, India
03/16/14 11:02 AM (10 years ago)
Hi, Welcome to BT and the world of app development. Did you check the BT How To's section before starting to compile apps? I would highly recommend you to check this section. You will find a lot of useful information at this link- http://www.buzztouch.com/resources/ Also try this to sort out your problem. The BT core 3.0 android app needs to be compiled against the Android API Level 14+. If you have downloaded the API Level 14 in your eclipse already then right click your project file--> Properties--> Android--> and there select the Android API level 14 in the check box. (This is what bt suggests but strangely android api did not work for me instead google api works.) So, i recommend you to check both in case either of them does not work for you. If you have not already installed api level 14 (either android or google) i recommend you to install it and then try the above mentioned steps.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/16/14 05:59 PM (10 years ago)
Sandeep is right on the money (as usual). In addition to his suggestions, you might want to wander up to 'youtube' and watch one of GoNorthWest's excellent tutorial videos on installing and configuring Eclipse. He must have a dozen computers around, because he has tutorials for Mac, Windows7, and all that happy stuff. https://www.youtube.com/user/GoNorthWest Choose the one that closest matches your environment, cook some popcorn, and enjoy! Or at least try to, lol! It's good info. Hope it helps, but if not, stop by again and let us know! Cheers! -- Smug

gail
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 08, 2014
grantham
03/17/14 09:16 AM (10 years ago)
thanks every one I will look at your suggestions

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.