Gielsgaard
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 06, 2012
Denmark
03/12/14 12:29 PM (10 years ago)

iOS failed to install the application

Hi, I really want to slightly change the setup of a page (Audion stream plug in). I have absolutely no experience in xcode, but have nevertheless tried me up in the plug in folder BTA_audiostreamer_xib. I've moved a bit around only with the elements like image and buttons, but it does not work correctly. Ios simulator says 'buildt success', but after that, this message is coming: iOS Simulator failed to install the application ..... Is it because it can not be done in a BT project, or because I have to do a lot more in xcode for it to succeed? And sorry if it's a really, really stupid question ... I just think, that the programming is still connected to the buttons and images, it's only the place on the screen that is changed.... I run on Buzztouch server and Xcode 5 Gielsgaard

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
03/12/14 01:01 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Gielsgaard, Moving around the objects on an XIB are fine... it wouldn't cause an error like the one you are getting. For some reason Xcode can't load your project in the simulator... which wouldn't have anything to do with any altering or editing of a plugin as long as the build succeeds without any errors. Does the same thing happen when you download a virgin copy of your project and try to load it in the simulator?

Gielsgaard
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 06, 2012
Denmark
03/12/14 01:56 PM (10 years ago)
Hi angry ninja Thanks! No, there are no problem, and if I go to the simulator, and just push the icon for the app, the screen are showing the audio plug in, but whitout my changes. This is only a test and I use the test Url in the plug ins screen. There is some other problems too with this app (or my way to make it), like the first screen with the button who leads to the audio screen is not showing, and I have put a background image in the audio screen, this is why i want to changes the setup, because i want this image to show in the top off the screen, but it's only showing in a short moment. There is a white background there, i have to find somewhere in one of the folders, so i can erase it or scale it. think i have to go through it in the control panel, and try it again, (for the 5'th time:-)) But as i read your comments, I can changes this app normally with only do it in the xib file? That will be amazing. I know it will not be change in buzz touch control panel, but thats okay.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.